• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to you customize your ringtone on a Nexus 5 without plugging it into a PC?

I have been struggling with this for over an hour now. I want to make this song my ringtone instead of the ringtones which already come with the phone.

If anybody on here could please provide me with detailed instructions on how I could do this, I'd be eternally grateful.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post. A response would be tremendously appreciated!

You have to somehow get the music files over to your computer. If you can't use a computer, use cloud storage (dropbox/box/copy/onedrive etc). Use a file manager (I use ES File Explorer, but any would work) to copy the music file over to your "Ringtones" folder (it should be under "Media" folder - create it if it is missing).

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
There are many ringtone maker apps on the play store that you can use to trim any portion of a song into a ringtone.

See: https://play.google.com/store/search?q=ringtone maker&c=apps&hl=en

I agree with Brian... Just search for "Ringtone Maker" in the playstore and it will generate a ton of apps that allow you to cut/trim custom songs in any area throught out the song for a starting and ending point. This is nice if you want a specific line or chorus to set as your ring tone. Some are more user friendly and also allow you to listen to a longer ringtone playback... Like 40 - 50 seconds instead of 20 -25 seconds.
Whorth looking through the available apps in then play store and choosing one that suits your needs.

I used one for a while and it worked perfectly. I'll see if I can remember and post which Ring Tone maker app it was that I was using... It had a simple UI and was very easy to use and I think you'd like it.

Hope this helps and Good Luck! :thumbup:
If I can remember the name of that app I'll post it here for you!

Upvote 0
You have to somehow get the music files over to your computer. If you can't use a computer, use cloud storage (dropbox/box/copy/onedrive etc). Use a file manager (I use ES File Explorer, but any would work) to copy the music file over to your "Ringtones" folder (it should be under "Media" folder - create it if it is missing).

Thank you so much. I finally figured out how to do it lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones