how to

1. mike1

mike1 Well-Known Member

alright never rooted before but if i were to do the unrevoked root after i did that what would i have to do to get say the evo style format

Advertisement
  2. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

what exactly are you wanting?
  3. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

You question is answered in the forums.. please do some looking around.
  4. mike1

mike1 Well-Known Member

i just want to change things up a bit and i like the way the evo them looks
  5. mike1

mike1 Well-Known Member

uh ok....is it really that big of a deal im not going to look through 30 pages just to find one topic....i do have a life
  6. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

the evo and Inc are the same thing....HTC sense :confused: you need to learn some more about the 2 phones i think
  7. mike1

mike1 Well-Known Member

im not talking about sense im talking about the layouts
  8. mike1

mike1 Well-Known Member

let me rephrase this if i did the unrevoked root would that make me able to download other roms and things like that
  9. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

Yes.

Hey now, we have a life, too :mad: And we don't want to waste it on people who are not willing to help themselves. The answer to your question is in not one, not two but FOUR different posts that are right here on the first page of this forum.
  10. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

what do you mean by layout? i still have no clue what you actually want to do. the evo has 2.2 just like the inc and both run sense. they are the exact same device for the most part except the evo is slightly bigger and has sprint crapware on it
  11. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

If you are rooted and have s-off, you can flash ROMs. Information on how to do this is not hard to find in these forums. If you like EVO themes I might recommend that you install Frankenrom (see the Incredible - ROMs subforum). Frankenrom is an Incredible/Evo hybrid ROM that allows for easy flashing of EVO themes. Maybe this will at least give you a little push in the right direction.
    mike1 likes this.
  12. mike1

mike1 Well-Known Member

thank you that exactly what i was looking for
  13. nkk

nkk Well-Known Member

Ok, let me yet again be a jerk and tell you something. You have played with the lowest level of infrastructure on your phone with the unrevoked root and forever. This is not something you do without the most thorough level of research. Research you clearly did not do. I suggest you read, because if it is that important for you to customize the phone you have, it should be equally important for you to know how to do it and what it changes. I am sorry if this offends you, but I have seen (not on this forum--here it is less of a problem) many people brick their devices because they had no idea what they were doing. They would know what they were doing had they done 10 to 20 minutes of reading. I would hate to see anyone have this problem, and that includes you.

-Nkk
  14. mike1

mike1 Well-Known Member

i respect your opinion and i have not done anything yet because i am still researching it so that i do not brick it i will not do anything untill i am sure that i know what i am doing
  15. nkk

nkk Well-Known Member

Fair enough. I just see so many people (In real life--not even on this forum) play with electronics and get into trouble because they had no idea what they were doing. Thus, I have adopted a sort of cynical standpoint.

-Nkk