How to...?Tips

1. wildkitten

wildkitten Well-Known Member

I have finished with the ICS install, FDR and reinstalling my apps, but there are a couple of things I am not certain of.

1) How do I set tactile feedback to the keyboard to off? I have looked everywhere under settings and especially the Input settings and can not find it?

2) Word is some bloat can be uninstalled and/or frozen through ICS itself. How does one do this?

Advertisement
  2. DanDroide

DanDroide Well-Known Member

I can answer #2. Go to "Manage Apps" > open app > "Disable"

Most let you...some don't. Also, disabled apps will show up at the end of the list after disabling.
    wildkitten likes this.
  3. SirEagle

SirEagle Well-Known Member

Some apps (Let's Golf 2) will give you the option to uninstall.
  4. SirEagle

As for #1
    Settings/Language and Input, then hit the settings icon for Motorola Input, uncheck vibrate on keypress.
    wildkitten likes this.
  5. Satires

Satires Well-Known Member

For answer number one. I purchased gingerbread keyboard from the market because you can make your keys bigger or smaller and it has all kinds of settings. haven't even played with stock keyboard settings when AI have a purchased one sitting in the play store. Try the demo version, you might like it. :)
  6. wildkitten

Yeah, I use the Swiftkey keyboard, but the instructions of Motorola were very similar to how to disable tactile feedback.

I notice none of the Verizon apps show as apps that can be disabled, unless you have to click on something other than Apps in settings.

I also notice there is no Task Manager in ICS either, unless that's apps.
  7. SirEagle

The top bar scrolls left and right, you can then click on Downloaded, Internal Storage, Running, or All. They should be in All.
    wildkitten likes this.
  8. dautley

dautley VIP Member VIP Member

Are you surprised? :O
  9. wildkitten

well, I remember some saying they could be frozen when people were testing the leaks.

Honestly, I haven't found anything that lets me Disable any apps, and under Apps in Settings all I'm seeing is Apps I myself have installed.
  10. DanDroide

DanDroide Well-Known Member

Follow SirEagle's advice to see ALL apps.

wildkitten likes this.
  11. wildkitten

Yeah, I was scrolling in the wrong place apparently. Taking some getting used to in this UI.
  12. dautley

dautley VIP Member VIP Member

Some apps, not all & glad you found it! :)
  13. wildkitten

Yeah I'm actually surprised I was able to delete some of the apps I was, like Verizon Ringtones, their app store, etc. I'm going to root this weekend when I have time to sit and carefully read how to do it, and freeze some others such as the remote diagnostics.
  14. TexasBadger

TexasBadger Well-Known Member

As much as I am loving ICS on my Bionic, I am starting to find minor issues here and there. For example, my FM Radio app no longer runs. If I recall correctly, it was actually a Verizon Radio app for the Droid X but it ran just fine on my Bionic with GB.

Does anyone have a link to a FM Radio app that will run on a Bionic with ICS?
  15. sinned6915

sinned6915 Member

there was another thread about this. thom little posted a link to a working radio app. i can not find right now (tapatalk search sucks)
  16. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

17. droidman40

droidman40 Active Member

How do you change the choices on the lock screen so you can swipe to a different app?

Is there a way to change back to 3g. 4g eats up my battery.

TIA
  18. BigRedGonzo

BigRedGonzo Well-Known Member

I scanned through this tread pretty fast, so I may have missed this, but...

If you want to disable a preloaded app and it has received updates, you have to uninstall the updates before it will allow you to disable it.

BigRedGonzo
    Paraflier and DanDroide like this.
  19. TexasBadger

TexasBadger Well-Known Member

20. wildkitten

There is a way to do this, but involves dialing a special code into the dialer to access the menu. I know it's posted in one of these other 246 threads and I'll edit this post to show it if I can find it again.

Also, supposedly there is an app that can do this as well on the Play store.
  21. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

I think if you check the sizes of the two files you will find they are different. The user interface appears to be the same as an older version. The "guts" have been updated.

... Thom