• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How tough is the screen?

I've had mine a few days now and surprisingly it's got absolutely no scratches whatsoever. I haven't really been outside with it much yet, but I still expected a scratch or two.
When you're using your phone, you won't notice little scratches. Bigger ones you probably will.
But anyway, a cover is definitely a good idea, I'm planning on getting one soon.

Upvote 0
im having a hard time finding screen protectos for the desire in the uk at a low price, for allt he other devices i have owned ebay has been flooded with 1 pounds jobs from china
official ones cost too much for me:)

edit: went with this in the end, its the most im willing to spend:(
6x SCREEN PROTECTOR FILM Ultra-Clear for HTC Desire on eBay (end time 04-Apr-10 20:31:44 BST)

You can find the official ones at very good price.:)
They should be in stock in the next 1-2 weeks.

Play.com (UK) - Mobile - Free Delivery

Buy HTC Desire Screen Protector Reviews

Upvote 0
+1 the scratches arent necessarily caused by you using it, but when it is in your pocket etc...like when there is a grain of sand rubvbing agains it, or when its in you bag

you could even scratch the screen has hard as you can with your keys and nothing would happen, but 1 month down the line you will notice scratches on the screen....because of when its been in your bag
I've been using my iPhone (have it replaced with a Legend though, but it's been sent in for repair :( ) for more than a year without any kind of protection and the screen is still in perfect condition. If you take care of your phone then there's no reason to get some kind of ugly screen protector. My iPhone itself is almost scratch free after two years of everyday usage (I've had an Invisible Shield on it for almost a year though).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones