How tough is the screen?

Last Updated:

1. mirose

mirose Active Member This Topic's Starter

Is it easy to scratch the screen on Desire and is it necessary to use some sort of screen protector? they say that Nexus is difficult to scratch, is the screen on Desire based on the same Technology as Nexus?

Advertisement
  2. petergriffin

petergriffin Guest

With any device these days, particularly touch screen devices, I would suggest getting a screen protector.

3. antipesto93

antipesto93 Well-Known Member

+1 the scratches arent necessarily caused by you using it, but when it is in your pocket etc...like when there is a grain of sand rubvbing agains it, or when its in you bag

you could even scratch the screen has hard as you can with your keys and nothing would happen, but 1 month down the line you will notice scratches on the screen....because of when its been in your bag

4. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Yeah, i use one on every of my devices regardless if they are scratch proof or not.

5. Pryomancer

Pryomancer Well-Known Member

I've had mine a few days now and surprisingly it's got absolutely no scratches whatsoever. I haven't really been outside with it much yet, but I still expected a scratch or two.
    When you're using your phone, you won't notice little scratches. Bigger ones you probably will.
    But anyway, a cover is definitely a good idea, I'm planning on getting one soon.

6. Celox

Celox Well-Known Member

I can't stand the feel of screen protectors, atleast not of the 'invisible shield' from zagg.

It protects the deivce, sure. But honestly, I can't stand the 'grippy' feel of it

7. byron_hinson

byron_hinson Well-Known Member

Kept mine in my pocket since I got it last week. No scratches yet (touch wood)

8. snowman9031

snowman9031 Well-Known Member

I am one of those ppl that have a pouch on my belt and it nvr sees my pocket! I do agree that Zagg is amazing but just not for a touch screen. I can not stand the grippy feeling either!

9. mirose

mirose Active Member This Topic's Starter

Can you recommend any brand for use with a touch screen thats easy to apply and have a better feeling?

10. ReaperX

ReaperX Member

Get the official ones if you don't want to experiment on the quality and screen coverage.

11. Lukehluke

Lukehluke Well-Known Member

Yeah... a screen protector is always necessary.

12. antipesto93

13. ReaperX

ReaperX Member

You can find the official ones at very good price.:)
    They should be in stock in the next 1-2 weeks.

Play.com (UK) - Mobile - Free Delivery

Buy HTC Desire Screen Protector Reviews

14. antipesto93

so are the official ones generally 'good' or are they just bad...stock...cheap ones?

15. Quazar

Quazar Well-Known Member

The official ones are good, I could hardly tell there was one on with my official ones on my hero. Still waiting for my order from play.com though!

16. Celox

Celox Well-Known Member

Meh, wanted to order a pouch from play.com and wanted to try the htc screen protectors to see if i could get used to those.

Sadly they don't ship outside the uk, atleast not for those products

17. Merkie

Merkie Member

I've been using my iPhone (have it replaced with a Legend though, but it's been sent in for repair :( ) for more than a year without any kind of protection and the screen is still in perfect condition. If you take care of your phone then there's no reason to get some kind of ugly screen protector. My iPhone itself is almost scratch free after two years of everyday usage (I've had an Invisible Shield on it for almost a year though).