• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How transfer apps to another Captivate?

rlb4

Android Enthusiast
Jun 27, 2010
NJ
I have 2 Captivates on my family plan. I just downloaded(using Appbrain) a bunch of apps to my phone. I want to switch to and use my wife's Captivate which is brand new. How can I get all of my apps onto her phone? If I put my sim card in hers and sync w/ Appbrain will it install all of the apps I have on mine? If I put her sim card in my old Captivate and sync her Appbrain account will that erase my old apps and install hers?

You can sign in to your AppBrain account on her phone and install all the apps you have. Purchased apps on the other hand I do not believe can be transferred.

So after I put my sim card into her phone, I open the Appbrain app on the phone, sign into my acct and sync. After I do this all of my apps will be added to her phone? What happens to the apps she already has on her phone?

Upvote 0
You don't need to switch SIM cards. I wish I was at home to try this on my sister's phone (Captivate also), but I think all you have to do is start AppBrain press menu > Preferences > Sign out. One that happens you will see log in on top and once you press it, it will open up the browser then in blue is sign in as a different user. Sign in your account on her phone and then start syncing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones