How transfer apps to another Captivate?

Last Updated:

1. rlb4

rlb4 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have 2 Captivates on my family plan. I just downloaded(using Appbrain) a bunch of apps to my phone. I want to switch to and use my wife's Captivate which is brand new. How can I get all of my apps onto her phone? If I put my sim card in hers and sync w/ Appbrain will it install all of the apps I have on mine? If I put her sim card in my old Captivate and sync her Appbrain account will that erase my old apps and install hers?

Advertisement
  2. haison

haison Active Member

You can sign in to your AppBrain account on her phone and install all the apps you have. Purchased apps on the other hand I do not believe can be transferred.

3. rlb4

So after I put my sim card into her phone, I open the Appbrain app on the phone, sign into my acct and sync. After I do this all of my apps will be added to her phone? What happens to the apps she already has on her phone?

4. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

What is this appbrian? I always see it posted.

5. haison

haison Active Member

You don't need to switch SIM cards. I wish I was at home to try this on my sister's phone (Captivate also), but I think all you have to do is start AppBrain press menu > Preferences > Sign out. One that happens you will see log in on top and once you press it, it will open up the browser then in blue is sign in as a different user. Sign in your account on her phone and then start syncing.

6. rlb4

So if I switched back and forth between phones, what happens to the apps already on the phone when I log in with my Appbrain account and sync?