How well does the Kindle app work?Support

1. xrae

xrae Well-Known Member

How well does the Kindle app work on the Optimus V? I want to purchase a Kindle ebook, but don't have the actual device. So I don't want to spend the money if the Kindle app doesn't work well on this phone.

Advertisement
    :
  2. ardchoille

ardchoille Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how well it works on the Optimus V, but I've used the kindle app on the Samsung Vibrant and currently on my htc Evo 4G - same experience on both phones so I imagine it's the same on the Optimus V.

The home page in the app shows the child reading under a tree over a blue bg with a list of all books on the device. Menu choices include Home, Archived Items, Kindle Store, Sort By, Sync and More..

While reading a book, you have the following UI options:
    * Five font size choices (I'm nearsighted and the middle font choice is perfect)
    * Three color choices (black text on white bg, sepia and white text on black bg)
    * Screen brightness

While reading a book you have Home, View Options, Go To, Back, Bookmark and More.. You can also lock the screen orientation while reading a book. I love this because it allows me to read while laying on my side.

The kindle app is really nice on Android, but you have to realize that a backlit screen, such as on these phones, isn't going to be as clear as that of the actual Kindle device in bright sunlight - this is a limitation of the screen rather than a limitation in the kindle app.

I would recommend buying the ebook and trying out the kindle app.
  3. mkbkr1

mkbkr1 Well-Known Member

If you would like to try out the Kindle app I would recomend downloading a free ebook or a free sample of a book and trying it out. I have the app on my phone and use it all the time.
  4. ardchoille

ardchoille Well-Known Member

Agreed. There are tons of free kindle books in the Kindle section.
  5. mark2061

mark2061 New Member

I have the Kindle app and it works great on the V. No problems at all.
  6. xrae

xrae Well-Known Member

Thanks! I downloaded today. I didn't realize there is also a PC version. Very cool.
  7. filmbuff

filmbuff Active Member

I can't picture reading a book on a 3" screen. I get eye strain from looking at it for a few minutes of web surfing!
  8. AnciusD

AnciusD Well-Known Member

I have eye strain issues, normally, and I was sceptical too, but I tried it last night and it's surprisingly nice. Especially when reading in bed. Might not be too good after more than a chapter or two, though.