How will email work on the Incredible?General

Last Updated:

1. Smudgie

Smudgie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am making the jump from a Palm Treo to the Incredible. Came very very close to getting the Droid and then a friend told me to hold out for the Incredible. From everything that I am reading I am really glad that I have waited. Anyway, I use AOL and gmail. How is it expected these email accounts will work with the Incredible? Will I get instant notification of a new email, will I have to set it up to check each account for a time frame I specify or will I manually have to open the email and check it? I know that this may be a basic question, however on my Palm I have to manually go into my email and download messages. Thanks for any help!!!

Advertisement
  2. slbailey1

slbailey1 Well-Known Member

In your case it is easy. With any Android phone, you need to have a gmail accont to setup your phone. This mail account will be managed with the gmail application. Also this is the account that your Android Market is tied to. The AOL email account, you can set that up using the HTC mail application.

You can be instantly notified when emails come in from either accounts if you set up your sync options correctly.

3. ryanx27

ryanx27 Well-Known Member

So any email system that supports IMAP or POP can be managed through the phone's Gmail app?

4. AndroiDad75

AndroiDad75 Well-Known Member

Now if you only have one account - google. When you tie this to the phone, can you not use it with the HTC widget? I thought I heard someone say you needed to have a 2nd acct to work with the HTC widget. One for the phone and then another for the widget.

Thanks. Just trying to figure out if I need to register a 2nd gmail account and if I do which one do I want tied to the phone.

5. Evil Sports

Evil Sports Well-Known Member

Yes I believe this to be true