How will you go about syncing your music to the Incredible?General

Last Updated:

1. AkoCham

AkoCham Member This Topic's Starter

This will be my first smartphone so I am obviously new to the whole Android OS. I want this to replace my iPod Touch (not that I hate apple or anything I just want one device for everything) and was wondering how this process works on this phone exactly.

I know that you can plug in your phone and manually make all of the folders for your albums and such but that seems like a lot of work. Is there a more seamless way to do this?

For instance, do programs such as MediaMonkey typically sync well with Android devices?

Advertisement
    Piercing Heavens likes this.
  2. Piercing Heavens

Piercing Heavens Well-Known Member

I have always dragged and dropped. My music collection is roughly 60 gigs.

I would also like to know an answer to OP's question.

3. AkoCham

Is this method sufficient? Does it organize the music well?

4. chris61292

chris61292 Well-Known Member

5. AkoCham

6. droidINCREDIBLE

droidINCREDIBLE Active Member

7. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

I've heard people using DoubleTwist. It's alright, but I still want an "official" Android program. The media player on it is horrible, but I imagine that's not the main purpose of DoubleTwist.

8. gatorjm7

gatorjm7 Well-Known Member

I'll probably use DoubleTwist too. Unless I decided to skip the music and just get the GrooveSkark app which would probably better suit my needs anyways thanks to damn DRM.

9. AkoCham

Ahhh turns out I can't use doubletwist without it messing up on me. I was trying to figure out why it wouldn't import all of my albums and album art from my iTunes over.

I did a little digging around the forums and found out that there is a known bug that won't import iTunes data unless it is on the default C:\ drive. Unfortunately all of my iTunes data is on my D:\ drive, along with all other data on my comp. Hopefully they can get that fixed.

In the mean time, I will just try out MediaMonkey when the Incredible releases and see how that works.

10. AkoCham

THERE'S A GROOVESHARK APP :eek:

I use that site on a daily basis and I love it. This is excellent news if true.

11. ccoager

ccoager Well-Known Member

rsync

12. dibs ODDJOB

dibs ODDJOB Well-Known Member

Media Monkey has worked for me and my Storm. Will probably try it with INC. I avoid iTunes like the plague,but will probably get it to work for my fiance and her INC since she uses it.

13. gatorjm7

gatorjm7 Well-Known Member

Yeah, you have to be VIP and it's a beta, but from what I've heard it works pretty well.

14. dt_

dt_ Well-Known Member

can you just drag/drop music onto the sd card?

15. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Well-Known Member

anything thing that works with Android 2.1 "should" work fine on the Inc. day one...

(disclaimer: I can't predict the future, the above is solely my opinion)

Personally, I used to use Media Monkey with my MP3 player it was one of the few that could actually catalog my 500+gig collection

16. czm2000

czm2000 Well-Known Member

Double Twist works great with my Droid and will work great with the Incredible too. It works well because of the Android OS so it wont matter that the Incredible is new. It'll work just as well on the Incredible as it does on other Android phones.

17. AkoCham

I'm hoping it works fine I have read that you have to fine tune minor steps for the N1 and Droid so you will probably have to do the same with the Incredible. I also would rather use MM than iTunes but I have an iTouch and just decided to keep it simple.

Ahhh I looked into that and its unfortunately true. However it is only 30 dollars for the whole year so I may do that sometime down the road.

You can however my only concern is how it organizes your music if you do this. I figured it would organize music alot better if I used some importing program like MediaMonkey or doubletwist.

18. darkmart84

darkmart84 Member

Look into Songbird as well. It allows you to drag and drop or sync an entire playlist. Every music app I've used has categorized the files based on tags but as for the drag and drop method on some of these programs they just throw all the files into the music folder as is.

19. czm2000

czm2000 Well-Known Member

Yes.

20. Teibidh

Teibidh Well-Known Member

There are other methods available but I use Windows Media Player. While I prefer iTunes I have begun boycotting Apple products until such a time as they learn to play nicely with others, it's a shame, too, cause I liked iTunes.

Anyway, Windows Media Player will allow you to 'sync' to a removable storage device (which is what Android devices register their memory cards and presumably on-board memory as). This gives you a distinct advantage over standard 'Drag and Drop' in that you can drag a pre-defined playlist to the sync area instead of having to navigate individual files or create a specific folder of 'favorites' that are separate from the rest of your collection.