How would you organize your phone features and applications?

Last Updated:

1. TechZoe

TechZoe New Member

Hello Everyone, :D

I am a student new to android and this forum. I was wondering if anyone wanted to share their thoughts on how they would ideally organize their smart phone. For example:

Would you prefer multiple screens?

Custom named folders with personalized info, like "My Documents"

A list view organized alphabetically or numerically

or just the simple icons view?

A combination? or something else?

thanks so much! I am really interested in your input! :)

Advertisement
  2. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

Welcome to AF.

personally, one of the things I was used to and like from my old WinMo phones was the ability to get to a app or link via cascading menus. Much like what WisBar advance does.
    So if I wanted to go to open up let say SMS backup, I would choose Start, Programs, Utilities, SMS Backup. In Android I would have to set up a folder on the screen and choose it from there, since there really isn't a app drawer with cascading menu. Lucky that I have 7 screens on my Hero so I can have many folders to place on my home pages.

TS
  3. TechZoe

TechZoe New Member

Cascading menus would be an interesting feature. How do you feel about developing finger gestures/short-cuts as a means of reaching specific files and applications quickly?

For example let's say you open your contacts window, and the window offers you space to draw a letter or a symbol that represents someone, maybe on your speed dial.

thank you!