Howdy all,For the love of god!!!!Support

Last Updated:

1. pattonthegen

pattonthegen Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Howdy all,

Ok I am getting really bent trying to figure out how to save a mp3 as a ring tone. Had a friend text and email me a cool ring tone to my phone which I clicked on save to sd card. Now once I save it and even download it I can never find it on my phone. I even went to the net and found this same ring tone and downloaded it and aved it to the sd card but of course I can't find it anywhere on my phone. I can never find crap when I save to my sd card there is no where on my phone I can go to and look at stuff that I down loaded to the sd card!!!

I would really like to learn how to find crap that I save to my sd card and then use it as a ring tone......please any help!!!!

Advertisement
  2. edp

edp Well-Known Member

do you have astro or something similar to it? if not, dl astro from the markey,do a search of the file, and it should come up.

3. Jim W

Jim W Well-Known Member

Ringdroid is great for making ringtones. You can use the "show all audio files" option and it should see the file. Then you can use it to assign it as a ringtone or even chop out a section of the song to use.

4. pattonthegen

Yea I do have astro downloaded...but how do I set that mp3 as a ring tone

5. Stretch2m

Stretch2m Well-Known Member

Another method is to download the app "Ringdroid" from the Android Market. This will list all the media files currently on your SD card. You can then open any one of them, edit the start and end points for your ring tone, and save the excerpt as a ringtone, alarm sound, or notification sound. Couldn't be easier! Oh, and if your MP3 file isn't shown, it probably means that Android hasn't scanned the SD card for new media files since you stored it - if that's the case, download an app called SDrescan which will force the SD scan.

pattonthegen likes this.
  6. pattonthegen

Thanks all I will check out these suggestions and let yall know how they turn out.

7. mrmojoz

mrmojoz Well-Known Member

If you can see the MP3 in the default music program, long press it. An option will come up to use file as a ringtone.

8. Stoney62

Stoney62 Well-Known Member

Or Rings Extended if you don't need to edit the ringtones.

9. gunrunner45

gunrunner45 Member

Create a folder on your SD card called Media. Then in that folder one called audio, then in that folder 3 other folders called alarms, ringtones, notifications.

root
    -- Media
    --audio
    -- alarms
    -- ringtones
    -- notifications

I'm sure you can figure out what goes in each directory. Now when you edit a contact any ringtones in that folder will show up in the list.

pattonthegen likes this.
  10. pattonthegen

How do you create a folder on the SDcard??

11. AlkiDweller

AlkiDweller Well-Known Member

If your phone is connected to the computer and the card is mounted, unmount the card.