• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Howdy all,For the love of god!!!!

pattonthegen

Feb 13, 2010
san antonio
Howdy all,

Ok I am getting really bent trying to figure out how to save a mp3 as a ring tone. Had a friend text and email me a cool ring tone to my phone which I clicked on save to sd card. Now once I save it and even download it I can never find it on my phone. I even went to the net and found this same ring tone and downloaded it and aved it to the sd card but of course I can't find it anywhere on my phone. I can never find crap when I save to my sd card there is no where on my phone I can go to and look at stuff that I down loaded to the sd card!!!

I would really like to learn how to find crap that I save to my sd card and then use it as a ring tone......please any help!!!!

Another method is to download the app "Ringdroid" from the Android Market. This will list all the media files currently on your SD card. You can then open any one of them, edit the start and end points for your ring tone, and save the excerpt as a ringtone, alarm sound, or notification sound. Couldn't be easier! Oh, and if your MP3 file isn't shown, it probably means that Android hasn't scanned the SD card for new media files since you stored it - if that's the case, download an app called SDrescan which will force the SD scan.

Reactions: pattonthegen
Upvote 0
Yea I do have astro downloaded...but how do I set that mp3 as a ring tone

Create a folder on your SD card called Media. Then in that folder one called audio, then in that folder 3 other folders called alarms, ringtones, notifications.

root
-- Media
--audio
-- alarms
-- ringtones
-- notifications

I'm sure you can figure out what goes in each directory. Now when you edit a contact any ringtones in that folder will show up in the list.

Reactions: pattonthegen
Upvote 0
Create a folder on your SD card called Media. Then in that folder one called audio, then in that folder 3 other folders called alarms, ringtones, notifications.

root
-- Media
--audio
-- alarms
-- ringtones
-- notifications

I'm sure you can figure out what goes in each directory. Now when you edit a contact any ringtones in that folder will show up in the list.

How do you create a folder on the SDcard??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones