• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Howdy; been a lurker for awhile

I have a HTC Magic from Airtel India. First experience with android but got by the perfected SPL, trying new ROMs like crazy on it and am enjoying the phone, the applications, everything. I've been working in Chennai, India for the last 5 months and am getting ready to leave early part of December for home. Home is the SF Bay area. I bought a HTC Hero phone to replace my magic and also will end up with a Droid. Hopefully the GSM version that will be floating around here and there.

I'm also a confirmed Ubuntu user. Ubuntu and the Android SDK really go nice together :). Running 9.10 now on my Thinkpad laptop.

Thanks for the great forums! I appreciate all the community-driven places to get help with the phone, the applications, setting up the SDK, etc.

I have a HTC Magic from Airtel India. First experience with android but got by the perfected SPL, trying new ROMs like crazy on it and am enjoying the phone, the applications, everything. I've been working in Chennai, India for the last 5 months and am getting ready to leave early part of December for home. Home is the SF Bay area. I bought a HTC Hero phone to replace my magic and also will end up with a Droid. Hopefully the GSM version that will be floating around here and there.

I'm also a confirmed Ubuntu user. Ubuntu and the Android SDK really go nice together :). Running 9.10 now on my Thinkpad laptop.

Thanks for the great forums! I appreciate all the community-driven places to get help with the phone, the applications, setting up the SDK, etc.

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones