Howdy folks - New and have questions :)Support

Last Updated:

1. knuckledonkey

knuckledonkey New Member This Topic's Starter

My Verizon "New Every Two" is up 10/10/10 and I am planning on getting the X. Have to join a forum for the good information and Android Forums was at the top of Google search.

My first question is about the car dock. I am in California and we have a hands free law. I cannot stand wearing the stupid little ear pieces.

Right now, I am using my Garmin Zumo GPS as a hands free device. The Zumo syncs BT with my Blackberry and the Zumo cradle has a mic, so I don't need a ear piece. The output is sent through my truck speakers with a tapedeck adapter. Works great.

My question is this: If I have the phone in the car dock, can I use it is in the same fashion as the Garmin, minus the BT sync of course? Will I be able to make speakerphone calls while in the cradle and port the sound through the tape deck adapter?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Welcome aboard!

I'm moving this to the Droid X forum so that the users there can better assist you :)

3. esn

esn Well-Known Member

In the car dock you can make calls via voice dialer or bluetooth. You can use your music, navigation, etc it's a great device and the car dock is awesome!

4. knuckledonkey

knuckledonkey New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks Kelmar.

ESN, so I don't need a separate Bluetooth headset or other extraneous mic? I can just "speak" at the phone?