1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Howdy from SW Missouri

1. hackerbee

hackerbee Member

Good morning everyone! Introducing myself from SW Missouri. I just started using Linux a few weeks ago and am very excited to begin developing apps for the G1. I have no prior programming experience, but am very close to obtaining my MCSE Security+ cert from Microsoft. Any help or advice on getting started would be a breath of fresh air. Nice to meet you all and good luck.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Cryptic79

Cryptic79 VIP Member VIP Member

What part of SW MO? I went to MSU (it was still SMSU, at the time) for 3 years.

Congrats in advance on the MCSE. I finished my MCPD about 20 months ago.

To develop for Android, it's all Java (and not J#). I believe everything to get started is here.
  3. Rob

Rob I'm tellin' mommy on you! Administrator

Welcome hackbee and goodluck developing apps! We'll be eager/excited to see what you're able to hackerbee together
  4. hackerbee

hackerbee Member

I'm in Carl Junction which is on the Northwest corner of Joplin. My sister in law is currently enrolled at MSU and I am attending MSSU (Joplin). I look forward to being an active part of the community here.
  5. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember VIP Member

Welcome! Can't wait to see what apps you come up with.
  6. Welcome, I am from Missouri too. Im glad to hear there are several of us on here trying to make the best of our android phones. I dont have much feedback about developing for these phones, but wanted to say hello either way.
  7. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Well this is a Blast from the Past !!!

BELATED Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:
  8. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

A very Late Welcome! :D
  9. noonehereyet

noonehereyet No One... VIP Member

Welcome to the Forums!