• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How's 3G where you live -- and who's your carrier?

kbayer

Android Enthusiast
Dec 5, 2009
Houston, Tx
I've have/had the Droid and I'm on the outskirts of Houston (about 30 minutes away). We drove all the way to Florida for Christmas. I had 4 bars phone and 3g web almost 80% of the time.

Of course, in Houston, it's 100%. Ive never seen it otherwise.
Unfortunately, when I get home, (Brookshire area for those familiar), I lose internet and phone coverage altogether. Crazy, a few houses down the street, and it's 4 bars phone and 3G again.

Haven't seen any good coverage maps accept those produced by the carriers, and I've learned that those aren't as trustworthy as the actual users themselves.

What's everyone's luck in other areas... with TMobile, etc??

Stafford, TX here which is pretty much considered Houston. I get great 3G coverage with TMO, about 1,400 kbps down and 700 up speeds.

I work near Westheimer & Beltway 8 and that's when coverage gets a little suspect (especially in buildings). I've experienced a myriad of different download speeds ranging from as high as 1,600 to as low as 250 depending on where I'm standing.

Upvote 0
Maine,

ATT forget about it. Edge or no coverage for most of the state. 3G up the I-95 are up to Freeport but that is it. Once you get away from the highway a bit Boom edge.

Verizon. Awesome coverage. 3G even up in the Grafton and Evans notch national park area (Bethel ME) hiking. I was able to upload pictures of my hike with no problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones