How's the alarm clock?General

Last Updated:

1. pikappetapi022

pikappetapi022 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just wondering how the alarm clock is? Is it loud enough? Are there cool wake up tones?

Any info is appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. tco05

tco05 Active Member

I dunno about cool wake up tones, but it made me wake up this morning lol

3. prightup2

prightup2 Member

I would say its loud...woke me up no problem.
    It is louder than my old 6800. I left the INC on the default.

4. TzuDohNihm

TzuDohNihm Well-Known Member

I use ringtones on my enV2 as alarm tones. Surely this can be done?

5. kronusthebonus

kronusthebonus Member

Actually no. At least, I couldn't figure it out. I could go into my music and set music as ringtones, but I couldn't set mp3's to play as an alarm..

Also, my alarm did NOT go off this morning even though I had everything checked.. I might have killed it w/ ATK, though, so i'll try again tomorrow.

6. android_freak

android_freak Well-Known Member

i made it to work ontime, so +1

7. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

I heard it pours a glass of water over your head if you hit snooze more than once - so pretty damn good.

8. miked1207

miked1207 Member

I had an Eris for a few months which I sold last weekend, and my Incredible is arriving today via Fedex, but I'm assuming the alarm sounds issue is the same as the Eris. If I recall correctly, In order to add sounds/music etc that can be used as an alarm option, simply mount your SD card to your pc and create a folder called "alarms". Put the desired sounds, etc in there and after dismount of SD, the new sounds should appear on the list of options for you on your alarm sounds . The "music" folder is explicitly for playable tunes, not sounds etc.

rxr911 likes this.
  9. Mr. Spontaneous

Mr. Spontaneous Well-Known Member

I used my Inc as an alarm clock this morning. I panicked when I woke up because the alarm was much louder than my BB's. I'm going to dial it down a little tonight.

10. mryark83

mryark83 Member

I think it is pretty good. It is nice that you can touch the "time" on the main screen (if you never changed the default way of how the Incredible came) to access the clock settings and alarm clock. I thought it was pretty loud, and there is a vibrate feature. My only problem was with the "snooze" feature. I don't see anywhere where you can set the snooze length - it says 10 minutes. But when I hit snooze after the alarm sounded, it never seemed to play 10 minutes later. Can someone help me out on this? When the alarm goes off, you can either click on snooze or on dismiss (I assume dismiss turns the alarm clock off).

11. fish2587

fish2587 Well-Known Member

LOUD. i had mine turned up all the way by accident this morning and pretty much woke up the entire apartment complex... it'll do lol

12. Jakaro

Jakaro Well-Known Member

I heard there was an app that you can wake up to say, Pandora! That may be cool, unless it loads and there is a station error and you dont wake up heh.

13. marcelob

marcelob Well-Known Member

My alarm actually didn't go off this morning... I checked to make sure it was set correctly, and it was. Checked off and everything.

Anyone know why this would happen? My phone was in "Sleep" mode (I pressed the power button to turn off the screen when I went to bed) and it simply did not go off. Do I have to leave it in the Dock mode when I go to bed for it to go off?

Also, I did install Advanced Task Killer and perhaps I cleared the Clock app accidentally?

Any ideas?

14. CyberVike

CyberVike Well-Known Member

What are the snooze options? My BB Curve only gives me a 10 min option....I'm looking for at least 15 min snooze because somehow I will justify that last 15 min as my reason for getting enough sleep. : )

15. Mr. Spontaneous

You can set the snooze time. I found the setting in the Clock app, but can't remember how to get there. When in doubt, try the menu button.

16. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Well-Known Member

I haven't used the alarm clock itself but I can say the speaker is adequately loud. Inc has one of the largest speakers I've ever seen on a cell phone.
    [​IMG]

The black rectangle next to the camera is the speaker.

17. pikappetapi022

pikappetapi022 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there an alarm clock toggle or widget so you can easily access the alarm clock instead of going into menu after menu?

18. Mr. Spontaneous

If you have the HTC Clock widget, all you do is tap it. The alarm settings can be accessed through one of the tabs (4th one over, I think)

19. Hellequin

Hellequin Well-Known Member

will it turn the phone back on like the blackberries do?

20. rabernet

rabernet Well-Known Member

I had the same problem. Scroll down below "Repeat" whe you're setting the time, and un-check Vibrate. For some reason it is defaulted to Vibrate.

21. Jeffruby

Jeffruby Well-Known Member

Please help, cannot figure out how to disable vibrate, want sound only

22. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

^ Go to the alarm clock app and hit menu. Its there.

The alarm is EXTREMELY loud if you put it on the highest volume. It scared the shit out of me this morning as I was not expecting it to be that loud and didn't test it the night before. One problem I can't figure out is, if I hit snooze, does it repeat every 10 minutes? I snoozed it once, but woke up in the middle of that 10 min span, and wanted to turn off the snooze, but couldn't find that option anywhere.

23. furio321

furio321 Member

My alarm didn't work this morning either. It did work yesterday though. When I "woke" the phone up this morning, the time rolled from 9:30pm to the current 6:20am time. Then a text message popped in. I checked the time on that, and it was sent to me at 10:00pm and I just got it! Not good. Love some of the features of the phone, but I need something more reliable for alarms and messaging. Probably going to return the phone and stick with Blackberry's :(

24. CatsTide

CatsTide Well-Known Member

yikes...good luck with that decision. kinda like saying,"this car sucks...returning it going back to my bicycle". it is just growing pains. the alarm clock works flawlessly when set right and nothing is conflicting with it. just give it a chance. for one thing,if you have a task killer,delete it from your phone....

25. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

I JUST woke up from the alarm. Like everyone else, it is LOUD. Since I used it for the first time, I was like "WTH is going on?!?" when it woke me up. Then I spent a few seconds trying to figure out how to push "Snooze" since I couldn't really focus very well on the screen, hehe.

I wish it had a function where it would play softly at first and then get gradually louder. Anyone know of an app or something that could do that?