Hows the battery life of StreakGeneral

1. thahim

thahim Well-Known Member

Hey how long does full charge lasts mine is very poor whats the battery life on other streaks?

Advertisement
    :
  2. DellStreakLuv

DellStreakLuv Active Member

Hi Thahim,
    My battery lasts at least one full day of average use. But I did have problems when I first got my streak, because it still had Android 1.6. That used to really drain the battery even when I wasn't using it.

You might want to adjust your display settings. I've got my screen timeout at 15 seconds and only change it when I want to view pictures. I turn both Wifi and 3G data off when I don't need it.
  3. thahim

thahim Well-Known Member

Hey yeh today i already set the brightness low, turned my wifi on when not needed and also the data usage now there is a change in it :)

thanks for helping
  4. nb_mitch

nb_mitch Well-Known Member

Mine is for a good day, maybe 2 if I am not doing much, nothing like my Blackberry but then the screen is probably 5 times larger. On 1.6 it was only good for about half a day.

I am not running anything special, my screen timeout is about 1 minute, I am on wifi 99% of the time.
    thahim likes this.
  5. thahim

thahim Well-Known Member

I keep on using it, always connected to wifi and keep on surfing internet. It works for about 20 hours like this..
  6. PasiS

PasiS Well-Known Member

Do you guys have the 1530 or 1800 mAh battery?
  7. nb_mitch

I have a standard battery, just got a new Streak a few weeks ago and it is better than the original.

Over 4th of July weekend, I went about 80 hours on light usage and then under normal use with about 6 hours of playing radio over the net (WunderRadio) and emails, etc. I still got over 24 hours.
  8. PasiS

PasiS Well-Known Member

I have the 1530 mAh battery and mine lasts a full day with heavy use, lots of surfing, gps, camera, music etc.
  9. forozas

forozas New Member

hello, probably I have problem whit my dell streak. when I check "battery use" all the time showing that phone idle using most of battery in many case 55%+. It's normal? If now waht to do?
  10. nb_mitch

Mine doesn't use much battery unless I am out of network and it seems to contantly search for 3G or Wifi signal and burn the battery. I have an app that I can easily toggle off on or the other. If I manage my connection, I have no issues.
  11. MelodyMan

MelodyMan Well-Known Member

Battery of Dell Streak 5 is really awful. Batt only lasts 24 hours with minimum usage -- less than 30 mins of web browsing, 10 mins game, less than 20 SMS, less than 2 mins of call. I don't really use it if I'm working. Could it be because of the calendar? That's the only time I have to unlock the screen if a meeting pops. I have done all the tips for Dell Mini but I didn't notice much difference. Much the same with 2.2 and 2.3 OS.

My Samsung phone lasts nearly 2 days with nearly the same apps.