• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hows the camera and is it getting JB?

Bexy

Android Enthusiast
Jul 1, 2010
North East England
gizmodot.com
A little background, I had the S2, liked the camera, happy with it. Upgraded to the S3, again liked the camera, some say it's one of the best phone camera's around. I liked it, my partner disagrees and thinks the S2 was better.

Anyway, sold my S3 :)() but, decided I can't live without an Android phone. My options are to get another S3 or a Note - I'd love a Note 2 but that's slightly out of budget :p. I'm wondering though, how is the camera on the Note? How does it compare to the S2 and S3 for example? If it's on par with the S2 then I'd be happy with choosing the Note :). (Also, even though the Note 2 is out of budget, if anyone has any feedback on the camera on that, I'd appreciate it as I may try and hold out till Xmas and put the Xmas money I'll get towards the phone).

For some dumb reason I decided I liked the Lumia 800 and fell in love with the Nexus 7 as well. Decided to use that as a combo instead of an S3 and am regretting the decision :(. The Lumia 800 has a terrible camera and for anything in the house I want a snap of, I'm grabbing the Note 10.1 as it takes far better pictures than the Lumia.

Also wondering if the Note will be getting Jelly Bean? Tried searching but, I could only find reference to the Premium Suite for the Note 10.1 and info on the Note 2 so figured it'd be easier to just ask :).

My wife has an S2 and I say the quality of the cameras are comparable. Not sure I could tell the difference in daylight but in low light I think the Note performs slightly better.

P.s. I'm using a Samsung Jelly Bean ROM right now (leaked). They have said they will push it to the Note by the end of the year after they have finished upgrading the S3 and Note 10.1.

Reactions: Bexy
Upvote 0
S2
Primary 8 MP, 3264x2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
Features Geo-tagging, touch focus, face and smile detection, image stabilization
Video 1080p@30fps

S3
Features Simultaneous HD video and image recording, geo-tagging, touch focus, face and smile detection, image stabilization
Video 1080p@30fps

Note:
Features: Geo-tagging, touch focus, face and smile detection, image stabilization
Video: 1080p@24~30fp

Note2:
Features Simultaneous HD video and image recording, geo-tagging, touch focus, face and smile detection, image stabilization
Video 1080p@30fps

So basically they all have the same camera and I was at fault claiming it was better but it's not worse :)

Reactions: Bexy
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones