Hows the Camera?

Last Updated:

1. solidkevin

solidkevin Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The 2 best cameras Ive seen on phones are the Satio and Omnia HD, hows this compare? I use my phone as a main camera so this is kinda important to me, more so how good is the flash? Its not Dual LED right?

Advertisement
  2. Goten

Goten Active Member

So far I think it's good. It seems like a single LED, but it's really bright and works pretty well. Here's a sample pic I took the first day.

[​IMG]

3. solidkevin

Thanks! Looks very good!

4. Goten

Goten Active Member

Forgot to point out, not sure if it's a hardware or software problem, but with really white backgrounds or pictures, there will be this pinkish hue around the middle of the photo. Hope it's not a hardware issue and gets fixed in a software update.

5. daffyduck

daffyduck Well-Known Member

In one sentence, a lot better than the Hero's (which was one of my major grumbles......even low light.

6. smitty24

smitty24 Well-Known Member

nexus one > blackberry 8900 > mytouch 3g > G1

best one ive had

7. SwagR

SwagR Member

I have an Omnia HD...and the camera shots on the Nexus one are not as impressive...the Nexus shots tend to look darker even on the viewfinder...the white balance appears to be off...and in terms of settings...there is absolutely no comparison..the Omnia is simply immaculate in that area...from panorama to smile detection and the camera UI is much better on the I8910(a bit slower to preview though)...however, Android just makes Symbian look and feels like crappp...the overall experience with an android device is light years ahead of any S60v5.

Pros for the Omnia:

• Much Much better camera in terms of pic quality and available settings
    • Much Much Much Better speakers
    • Slightly better battery life
    Pros for the Nexus:

• Everything except above
    Lets just put it this way i thought the Omnia was perfect until i got my N1...

Oh yea and in regards to other smartphones....from BB and Apple...N1 easily wins but Google/HTC still have a long way to go to catch Samsung, Nokia and sometimes SE where cameras are concerned.

8. Nexoid

Nexoid Well-Known Member

Camera is good...

Being a Digital Photographer/Artist though, I would have to say images are grainy and not very poppy (Vibrant). It's hard to actually cram 5MP into an image thoroughly with such small optics.

Though for a phone.. it's the best I've had :)

9. Lobalobo

Lobalobo Active Member

The sensor, like that on almost all camera phones, is so small that it will never be a substitute for even a cheap (i.e., $150) stand alone pocket point-and-shoot (of which Canon, e.g., has half a dozen or so). That is, won't be a substitute if you want to print pictures (even 4x6). But if all you want to do is view and share pictures on the phone itself, or similarly small screens, then the camera is excellent in good light. Poor light or flash needed, then even on a small screen, you'd get better images with the cheap, pocket point & shoot.

All this said, I use the Nexus One camera a lot when I am not carrying a backpack or briefcase and want to have only one electronic device with me. In good light, the image quality is decent, even for prints, much better than any other camera phone I've seen this slim. So unless you want a much thicker camera-phone, such as the top-of-line Nokia models, which take images as good as a devoted point & shoot, then the Nexus One is great (though not as well featured as the Droid's camera phone, which has an optical zoom). Hope this helps.

10. androidtx

androidtx Well-Known Member

compared to my G1 it is awesome, and a camera I don't mind actually using for simple pictures, but of course compared to my DSLR it is total garbage.

11. solidkevin

Thanks! I had the OmniaHD and it was a monster but software/OS wise I hated it! Got a Satio instead, was a little better but still had its problems, Android is lightyears ahead of symbian, but as you said the cameras on those phones were sick! I had a Omnia 2 aswell and it was almost on par as well.

12. oniongirl

oniongirl Well-Known Member

My only gripe with the camera is my nasty fingerprints all over the lens, which isn't the phone's fault. You definitely need to carry a nice cloth around with you, the smears completely muck up the focus :D