Hows the Physical Size?

Last Updated:

1. Hawkmech

Hawkmech Active Member This Topic's Starter

Was curious what those of you that have the phone think of the physical size, is it too big for your pocket?
    Was thinking about getting the x but was concerned about that.
    Incredible is smaller but it just seems like it has too many problems so I was leaning to the x but was concerned about the size.

Advertisement
  2. Westbrook

Westbrook Member

I've got no problem with the size. My only issue is the availability of good, pocket-friendly cases. The slimmer cases all have that tacky feel, which I guess is good for grip but makes them hard as hell to get out of your pocket--the tack sticks to the fabric. The smooth leather cases are too bulky for my taste. There's no happy medium right now that I know of.

3. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

i got the verizon holster/case combo and its perfect.
    the size is perfect to me.

4. SFWB

SFWB Well-Known Member

No complaints about the size or the Amzer argyle case I got for it.

5. dlbrando

dlbrando Well-Known Member

everyone has been making a huge deal out of the size. It is not THAT big if a phone. It is the same width as the iphone, thinner, and only slightly taller.

Hell compared to the phones everyone carried as little as 5 years ago this thing is pretty small.

6. rossmathis

rossmathis Well-Known Member

I wasn't able to bend my knee with it in my pocket, but its a reasonable sacrifice considering how beastly it is.

:p

7. golfbiz

golfbiz Well-Known Member

personal choice so everyone will be different but I personally found the size too big for me. Yeah it fits in my pocket and I can hold it in one hand, but not as easily as my Eris, the bigger screen is awesome for typing, but I have swype on my eris so not a big deal as I use that all the time now, but the X was a breeze just to type straight away which was pretty cool. I played with the Incredible in the store which I thought was pretty slick....I'm looking for something size wise between the X and the eris with the great processor the X has....both the X and Incredible really smoked on the internet compared to my eris which is great and I could leave more apps running in the background on the X which is nice otherwise on my eris I get the lag unless I kill some of the apps....the screen I found not to be quite as easy to read outside but no big deal....X is a great phone, just a little too large for me and my needs....but you should try it out as VZ had no problem with me trying it out and returning....GL

8. nickstanley

nickstanley Well-Known Member

Honestly, I was nervous about the size but now having it for a few days, I love it. Yes it is bigger but its not as thick and feels a lot nicer when typing. As we say in Texas...bigger is better.

9. Helicrewchief

Helicrewchief Well-Known Member

At first it felt huge. Kinda like when you buy a new pair of shoes. After a few days I've gotten use to it. I don't think I could use a phone with a smaller screen. Especially when I do something for my wife on her Storm. That thing seems tiny and outdated now.

10. Ubermother

Ubermother Well-Known Member

I had a BB Tour and this thing feels SO much better in my hands and fits in my pocket no problem. I'm a woman though so perhaps our pockets differ.

11. golfbiz

My GF has the storm....that thing is really pretty bad...tried to get her to take the X I was trying since she is elgible for upgrade but amazingly she said no, it was too big. She only uses the storm for calling and email so guess she could basically use anything as she doesn't even know how to text on it and never browses the internet....oh well...

12. gwlaw99

gwlaw99 Well-Known Member

If the X is too big for you, you will probably want to wait a few months for the Verizon version of the Galaxy S.

13. golfbiz

is that the Samsung Fascinate coming to VZ?

I heard Samsung was making the screens for the Incredible, maybe that is why there is a shortage for HTC since Samsung is producing more smart phones....

14. hahaha what

hahaha what Well-Known Member

wish it was a bit smaller, like maybe 4" screen but whatever its still a sick phone

15. golfbiz

agree...well thought out phone and yes 4" would have been plenty of size for me (talking phone here)

I was a little disappointed that the HDMI only transferred photos to my flat screen and not movies unless I was doing something wrong...

16. redskins1234

redskins1234 New Member

i actually have the opposite reaction to most. i have larger than normal hands and thought the droid x would finally be a phone i can type on and not mash multiple letters when i type like on most phones, but last night i went to the vzn store to play with the x (currently trying to transition from bb tour/bold to a droid) and it was very big (height and width). the thickness was very small and the hump was actually barely noticable, but the size of it is pretty big and i do worry how it would be in my pocket. has anyone who carries it in their pocket noticed any difference carrying it around vs. another phone? i just feel like i would constantly feel it as i'm walking, maybe that's just me...

17. HauntedHallows

HauntedHallows Well-Known Member

Its not that big at all, its not like you have to go out and buy a man-purse or something.

18. Helicrewchief

Helicrewchief Well-Known Member

My wife loves her phone and never has any major issues. She says the X is way to big so the Inc will probably be for her.

I always have it in my pocket. No cases or anything just the phone in my pocket and its no big deal to me. Again I notice it at first but it grew on me and I don't even notice it now. I don't wear really baggy clothes or anything either.

19. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

At first I was like "Wow this is huge!" and now when I look at my Incredible, I'm like "Wow this is tiny." lol It's all acclimation.

20. _Aardvark

_Aardvark Well-Known Member

I bought the X mainly due to the lack of Incredibles. Considering I could actually buy an X and it promised of better reception, performance, and outdoor visibility over the Inc, I went with it. The size wasn't a big selling point, in fact I was very nervous about it.

Online videos and pictures don't really do it justice. It was not the monster I thought it would be. For me it is a manageable size, pocketable - but you won't forget its there. It would be worth going to the store and getting your hands on one.

The only problem I've had with the size is when I was at outside for several hours (at the pool) with temps in the high 90's with it in my pocket. Other than my wife's small Blackberry, I'm not sure if any smart phone would have been good in that situation.

I'm concerned also with the size after I put a case on it - which I haven't yet.

21. 10splaya22

10splaya22 Well-Known Member

Yea the size took a little getting used to but now it feels great

22. curtisdr

curtisdr Well-Known Member

The size of the X seems a little too big for me. I have to stretch my fingers a lot of times to do things. When typing landscape, I thought I'd like the added room compared to the DINC, but I find myself reaching for some of the keys. It seems just too massive and inconvenient for my purposes. YMMV.

23. Ubermother

Ubermother Well-Known Member

I used to carry my Tour in my back pocket and I totally noticed it! Yesterday I was sitting down on a couch and I had the phone on vibrate. I just couldn't figure out what the @#%! was in the couch, because my butt was vibrating! I couldn't even feel that I was sitting on it! Doh!

24. ghdtpdna

ghdtpdna Well-Known Member

I noticed that the size is perfect for my hand, maybe even a little small.
    I have little above average sized hands. For someone who is average size the phone is great but if you feel that it is difficult to hold, than most likely your hands are smaller than average, and you know what they say about that.

25. Gareee

Gareee Well-Known Member

We just found out it easily fits into standard belt eye glass cases. I can carry my glasses around without issue, so the DX is no problem at all.