• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hows the Physical Size?

I was very concerned about the size, but I was surprised that it wasn't nearly as big as I expected. My first impression when I saw the box was *How'd they fit that phone in there?* ;-)
It's not huge. And it's very thin. I think about it this way. Yep, it's fairly big for a phone - wonderfully big. Coming from a old BB Curve where I surfed the web on a 2" x 2" viewing area...it's incredibly, wonderfully huge. Just not uncomfortably so, or in a bad way at all. :)

Upvote 0
^lol, I thought the same thing when I first saw the box. I actually thought they sent me the orig Droid....

Today I forgot I had it in my pocket and put a wide pack of gum in there with it. Trust me, putting it in the pockets is no issue. .

Only thing I can see being a problem is one handed swiping of the notification bar...lol Thats it. U can one hand type on it, one hand dial on it. Its funny, I realized I used both hands all the time when using my Droid:

Holding it with left hand, using right to text, dial, type, etc. Its more accurate that way.

I seriously think ppl saying one handed use is hard, uncomfortable is either reaching in left field, havent really tried it or have really small hands, fingers.

The size of the X seems a little too big for me. I have to stretch my fingers a lot of times to do things. When typing landscape, I thought I'd like the added room compared to the DINC, but I find myself reaching for some of the keys. It seems just too massive and inconvenient for my purposes. YMMV.

And I'm just asking this for clarity..but dont you use both hands to hold the phone when typing in landscape mode? I use both hands to hold my Droid in landscape mode.

I wasn't able to bend my knee with it in my pocket, but its a reasonable sacrifice considering how beastly it is.

:p

U musta had some form fitting pants on, or short pockets. :D I put it in my pocket, get in the car with no problems. Even at me desk at work I can put it in my pocket while sitting down with no problems.

The only thing is u will feel the top of the phone as soon u put your hand in your pocket. Oh...I put it in hump first most of the time too...lol But u can definitely put other things in the pocket with it.

I'ma guy and no I dont wear baggy pants. :p

Upvote 0
i got the body glove case with the clip and i love it doesn't feel to big at all and fits easily in pockets although i try and keep it out of my pockets. It may feel weird at first coming from a smaller phone but it doesnt take long to get used to it and love it

This guy is nuts lol. Body glove + droid x is BULKY. I agree w/ the person above who writes about finding a case: it's tough! I haven't found a case that I am content with. I am considering getting the invisashield stuff, but not for the screen bc it would increase friction.

Upvote 0
I'll say up front that I don't wear "skinny jeans". This phone fits fine in all the pants I wear right now. The only time I have ever noticed it was there was when it turned sideways in my pocket. Some features are a little awkward to use one handed, but this thing fits my medium sized hands pretty well. After using this, I doubt a 4.5" to 4.7" screen would be a problem for me, but I still don't see me using the Dell Streak's 5" screen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones