How's the sound quality in Droid 2?

Last Updated:

1. manho001

manho001 Member This Topic's Starter

How's the sound quality in Droid 2?

i am using a SonyEricsson W595

i am curious how the sound quality is !(from 3.5mm jack , not speaker)

Advertisement
  2. ljbaumer

ljbaumer Well-Known Member

I haven't had any really long phone conversations in the last few days after i upgraded to my droid 2 but the sound quality on the calls I have had have been pretty good and the speaker phone which I use a lot is GREAT and music sounds great out of the speaker also.

3. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

I second the above. The speaker phone is much clearer then any phone I have ever had. Regular calls are good too.

4. DigitalSifu

DigitalSifu Member

No issues here. This phone can get plenty loud if you turn it up. Sounds clear from both ear phone and speaker.

5. flashbox

flashbox Member

The sound is great. It's not as loud as some of the old iDEN phones that Moto made, but I'm real glad to be back on a Motorola phone.. They have always made the loudest and clearest speakers on their phones.

6. infil

infil Well-Known Member

i've actually had a few ppl tell me they cant hear me real well. I can hear fine, incoming audio quality is great, music quality through the onboard speaker is quite good.

7. Jas31483

Jas31483 Member

In comparison to the droid 1, its not as loud (ringtone, sms tone, speakerphone wise) Clarity wise its amazing! Probably one of the best compared to other android devices I've used. If you use the phone to listen to pandora or music you've loaded onto the device there's equalizer options (finally) that allow you to change how the music sounds coming from both the devices speaker and any connected headset or headphones.

8. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Speaker is nice, but just like the original Droid and the X, both OMAP chips have weak audio output to the 3.5mm. Nokia fixed this with the N900 by adding an in-line amp for the 3.5mm jack (sounds great).

One of the reasons I picked the Inc over the Droid was sound quality from 3.5mm. Then again, the call quality on all three Moto's is a lot better than the Inc.