anoid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

How's it working?

Too small?

One handed?

Predictive?

Advertisement
  2. Sirtalksalot66

Sirtalksalot66 Member

I don't actually have one of these but I played with one for a good half hour in an AT&T store today... The keyboard may seem small
    but I had absolutely no problem typing on it in both portrait and landscape...and this is coming from an iPhone user (switching to android soon) so I've been using a touch-keyboard for two years...

Plus, with swype coming out (yes there's the whole side-load thing but there's a work-around for that) a lot of people seem to love swype. So that should work fine.

Overall though it didn't seem too cramped, and I've got normal sized guy hands.

anoid likes this.
  3. screenamesuck

screenamesuck Well-Known Member

Actually the keyboard is pretty amazing for its size. I think the faster I type the better. The predictive text is so good I almost never have to press the right buttons lol

anoid likes this.
  4. Donatron

Donatron Well-Known Member

It seemed to work just fine for me the whole 10 minutes I played with it before installing Swype. And with Swype, I think the smaller size is actually a benefit since your thumb doesn't have to travel as far.

anoid likes this.
  5. SteveJobCutLine4myLiver

SteveJobCutLine4myLiver Well-Known Member

It took a little getting used to. My left thumb missed a lot but I'm having no trouble now as I type this on my aria.
    :)

anoid likes this.
  6. anoid

anoid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

That's a really good point.
    I never thought about that :)

7. Cronis

Cronis Well-Known Member

its not to bad... this is my first on screen keyboard only phone so it takes a little getting used to. going to try out swipe next, heard amazing things about it.

anoid likes this.
  8. tpbklake

tpbklake Well-Known Member

Coming from a Samsung Jack with a dedicated keyboard, I must say that the keyboard is great, especially in landscape mode, although portrait mode is not too bad either.

The phone dial pad is definitely usable one handed.

Regards,

Tom

anoid likes this.
  9. Raria

Raria New Member

Day 5 - My first glass keyboard: Male, Rt handed, large fingers, big thumb. One-handed texting with edge/side of rt. thumb is getting quicker. Predictive text is very good and hitting space bar to use predicted text speeds the typing rate by 10/15%. My most common error is inadvertantly touching the dedicated search button.

10. Donatron

Donatron Well-Known Member

I went to the Verizon store today to compare my Aria to the Incredible. It appears that the physical dimensions are identical, except for the Incredible being taller. So the screen widths are the same, which makes the keyboards the same size. So it shouldn't be any more difficult to type with the Aria than the Incredible/N1/Desire while in portrait mode.

11. msaub

msaub Member

The typing is good , the only issue is that the search button on the main panel is sensitive and gets inadvertently selected

12. Cronis

Cronis Well-Known Member

yea i had that problem at first... not hitting it as much anymore though, guess i kinda got used to where everything is. But yea those touch buttons are supper sensitive.

13. Jofaba

Jofaba Well-Known Member

I've never texted and until yesterday the only screen typing I've done is at kiosks, so this was my first experience with typing this way and I've pretty much mastered it right away. At first I went slow because I was sure that I was going to be screwing up a lot but I quickly ended up typing as fast as I felt comfortable and am quite surprised to see VERY few mistakes.

The predictive text is sometimes helpful, but it usually only figures out what word I'm trying to type by the time I'm down to needing the last letter or two, so it's a bit useless in that regard. But for someone having a hard time and going slow I'm sure it'd be a godsend.

Even in portrait mode the typing, albeit cramped, is pretty dead on.

14. Graceflanger

Graceflanger Well-Known Member

I agree, I used in store a few days ago and it is similar to an iPhone, but it vibrates when you type. Which I actually like. When you first see the keyboard it does look small but I didn't have a single issue with it in landscape or portrait. Can't wait to get this.

15. Ambictus

Ambictus Well-Known Member

They typing is pretty good overall. I've gotten used to just typing in portrait(on my Eternity I had to type in landscape, was a limitation of the phone) and just use it now. The predictive/error correction is pretty good, I almost never use the predictive but the error correction is sweet. It allows me to make tons of minor mistakes without worrying. I'm getting faster and faster at it :)