How's this for sprint hypocrisy

Last Updated:

1. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. RiverOfIce

RiverOfIce Banned

Two things. 1.)There is a huge difference between charging people for using data hogging phones and charging for 4g. 2.)Should Verizon be able to charge sprint for phones that are not on the Verizon network? That is what you are saying. Sprint is a hypocrite because they are not playing another company for phones that are not using the other companys' data connection. Do you think it is fair for Verizon to say, oh you have 810,000 phones that could use our connection, so you have to pay us for phones that could use our connection? Really? Why should sprint pay another company for phones not on their network? Can you please answer that.? You are paying the 10 dollar fee because you bought a data hogging phone that uses all of sprints network, including 4g. You are not playing the 10 dollar fee to use 4g, but voice, texting, 3g, and 4g. You are not paying the 10 dollar fee to be on clears network. You are not paying the 10 dollar fee to use Verizon's network.

3. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ohhhhh, didn't think about that. Guess that means Sprint will win and Clear will get shafted. By the way notice the EVO numbers? Almost 1m outside of 4g network. There has to be at least that many inisde. 2m EVO users can't be wrong!

4. SoulTerror

SoulTerror Well-Known Member

Yeah but Sprint is charging customers for 4G use in area's that doesn't even have 4G near.

5. eieio

eieio Well-Known Member

That may be true, but what happens when a out of network subscriber goes into an area with 4g coverage??

They get to use Clear's network and unlike roaming on Verizon, that roaming/useage cost to Sprint is a flat fee per user for using Clears network..

So Sprints argument is a bit one sided.

I partially agree with the stand they took against Clear and they are using it to force Clears hand, but the logic is flawed. They should be paying Clear for all of the 4g devices.

6. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

It's not a 4G fee. How many times will people keep bringing this up over and over again?

7. RiverOfIce

RiverOfIce Banned

Only if those devices are using 4g. Every time a 4g radio is turned on and connects to a tower, it is logged, when it was turned on, when it was turned off, where it was from, what device and what user.

We are talking about people that use the network vs people that do not use the network. My apt is in a 4g network, 99% of the time, I do not use it, I get 3mbps 3g, which is just fine for me. Clear will not know I am even in their network, until I turn on the radio and use it. Then sprint gets charged for using the network, which is fair right? You live in lets say Cario Illinois, which has no 4g yet, you travel to New york, which does, when you turn on your 4g radio and use it, clear charges sprint for that, when you turn it off and go back to cario, sprint stops paying because they are not using it. Clear and sprints agreement is just like verizons. If you are in a zone with only verizon, sprint gets charged for the data, when the person connects to the verizon system.

But if you are in a sprint and verizon zone and only use sprint, sprint does not pay verizon because you are in there area, only if you force your phone on their connections. Clear wants to charge for could's and maybe's. Which is not fair. The 10 dollar fee is not for 4g, for the last time.

The 10 dollars is because I suck down almost 22gb of data last month, and looking like I will suck down 27 gb this month.

8. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

THAT is amazing. I use my phone a LOT. I have never used more than 2 gb in a month....:eek:

9. eieio

eieio Well-Known Member

I think we are mixing up a few things here ROI..

Sprint and Clear are arguing over the 4g fee..

Clear contention is they should be paid for every active 4g device Sprint has..

The 4g phones are the problem.. Sprint pays clear 5 bucks a month for 4g access on the phones..

Sprint is arguing that the Sprint phones not in a clear active 4g area should not have to pay the fee.

But the phones have access to Clear's network if they travel to an area that has 4g service..

There is not a traditional roaming agreement with Sprint and Clear, like there is with Sprint and Verizon.. Sprint pays Verizon a fee on actual data useage.

Clear and Sprints agreement is different. There is no per data useage to bill it is a flat monthly fee.

------------------------
    According to Clearwire, several hundred thousand Evo and Epic subscribers currently use their phones outside of Clearwire's coverage area. Clearwire argues that its wholesale agreement with Sprint calls for Sprint to make monthly payments to Clearwire for those devices, despite the fact that the gadgets aren't connecting to Clearwire's WiMAX network. Sprint appears to disagree, and has taken Clearwire to arbitration to hammer out the details.

----------------------