• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How's your ERIS?

Steverman

Lurker
Sep 1, 2010
Hi;
As usual I jumped on the first dog on the track when Droid phones came out. Didn't like the size of the Motorola so I got the HTC ERIS.
It works OK, but I don't use many features. I am using Dolphin Browser. Seems to work OK. Anybody got something they think is better?
Last fall someone got my GMail address list and phished everyone on it. The result of that was a very frustrating 14 days trying to recover access to my GMail acct. When I finally got it back all the data was gone.
I have tried to use HTC synch to coordinate with Outlook but it's klugy so now I'm considering abandoning the ERIS and the Android OS and going back to a phone that works well with MS Outlook.
Anyone got any ideas on which phone?
My whole plan when getting a smart phone was to be able to carry my calendar and contacts with me in a phone. Surf the web occasionally from my ERIS but I'm beginning to think that's only a convenience, not a necessity.
Thanks
Steve

Welcome to the Android Forums!

Finding a new phone that can sync well with Outlook will, unfortunately, be a challenge. When MS released WP7 they effectively ended the days of USB ActiveSync. Nowadays everything tends to sync with the cloud. You can always look at phones that work well with third party applications like "The Missing Sync".

Sync Software for Mobile Smartphones to Mac and Windows - Sync Mac and PC!

It supposedly works with Android, iPhone, Palm, and Blackberry...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones