• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HQ Pics of Seidio Innocase Surface for Droid

man I really wanted to get this just because in another post somebody posted a picture of their case and it had white letters where it says seidio. How come that persons letters were white and yours are not? call me dumb but the white lettering made me want to buy this case. Maybe they painted them white?
dont get me wrong though I still want to buy it, But i was hoping for the white letters.

I received a new maroon/burgundy Seidio case a couple of weeks ago...fits great! Seidio is lettered in white (see pic). Like Holmgren said, they do look like they can wear off though. I use mine with the Verizon holster so my letters don't get a lot of wear...

DSC03383.jpg

Upvote 0
So I stopped using my replacement Innocase yesterday after the clips puts a nice scratch into my phone to the left of the Verizon logo. Every time I open the slider, the case clip was scratching.

Then today I get a call from a Seidio rep to tell me that the replacement top bezel I received was really a "prototype" model of the new top bezel. They sent it to a few people to see if it would fit properly. I wasn't supposed to use it full-time, but someone was supposed to call me and tell me that, but didn't.

Now, I am getting another new bezel which will be painted (the one I got was not) and with better smoothed out edges (to avoid anymore scratching).

I was about to get a refund, because now my previously scratchless phone has a half-inch scratch in a very visible area, from something that is supposed to protect it from scratches.

One more try I guess.

Upvote 0
Well the Siedio case is only 1mm thin which is pretty much the thinnest you'll get. It is not compatible with the Motorola dock. So I'm pretty sure nothing will work short of just covering it in wrapping paper.

You're welcome. Well my phone has that gap between the screen and the keyboard parts. Where the bottom bounces when you press it, Storm style. The Seidio case gets rid of that play and it hasn't seemed to make it any worse and the slide motion still has the same resistance as before. I've had it on for a month or so, and I do use the keyboard a lot.

I just love that it covers the shiny black bezel. I don't like shiny.

Well actually he Incipio feather claims to be less than 1mm in thickness so i think that should be thinner than this seidio one once it comes out for the droid cant wait for that one my brother has an incipio feather for his touch 2g and its real thin

Upvote 0
I had an innocase for my 9530 and loved it. The one for the Droid appears even slimmer. I havent purchased one as I already own the home and car docks so I keep it naked.

That being said, I can't recommend Seidio as a company enough. I have purchased several things from them and they not only make good quality items (IMO) but have great customer service. I returned 2 holsters once as I felt they were too bulky, they have swapped out 2 innocases I destroyed (trust me, my fault, not theirs) and they are very accommodating in general, anything to keep the customer happy.

Upvote 0
so I've had my droid for about a week now and absolutely love it. (my first smart phone).
Originally went with the holster/shell combo from verizon but after seeing it scratch my phone on the chin by the VZW logo decided to pick up the gold Seidio combo with the clip.(Im a huge Boston Bruins Fan and thought the gold was awesome with the black of the droid/clip).

For the hell of it also emailed verizon so see what they'd say about their case scratching the phone. Kind of aggrivating to know my brand new device was scratched by an item meant to keep it from being damaged.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones