• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HSPA 7.2 and HSPA+ planned

I'm jealous. We don't have 3G coverage all over my city yet...Even when I put in specific addresses on T-mobile's coverage map it shows that is in the center of 3G and there isn't actually 3G service there. Guessing the map shows "soon to be live" coverage instead.

I guess most T-Mo 3G users are waiting anxiously for their "by the end of the year" 7Mb upgrade.

Upvote 0
im running on edge also. in a suburb of new haven ct.. 2 minutes down the road and im in 3g. but the numbers are not impressive
yeah I know what you mean. At the house I have "3.5G" and speeds are only peaking at 700kbps. That's some HSPA performance :rolleyes:
Work which is only 4miles away was pulling in GPRS, but they finally sent the engineers out and it's now showing "3G"

Upvote 0
yeah I know what you mean. At the house I have "3.5G" and speeds are only peaking at 700kbps. That's some HSPA performance :rolleyes:
Work which is only 4miles away was pulling in GPRS, but they finally sent the engineers out and it's now showing "3G"

You might have had a bad signal, ived had full bars of 1xRTT but when I went to see the signal strwngth under settings it was -115dbm which if you don't know that's impossible to do anything with. Generally HSPA means a BIG speed increase but its not a guarentee like carriers would wish. It also might have been being worked on or something. Id love to try T-Mobile out just to test there coverage and network performance and see how nasty EDGE really is.

Upvote 0
You might have had a bad signal, ived had full bars of 1xRTT but when I went to see the signal strwngth under settings it was -115dbm which if you don't know that's impossible to do anything with. Generally HSPA means a BIG speed increase but its not a guarentee like carriers would wish. It also might have been being worked on or something. Id love to try T-Mobile out just to test there coverage and network performance and see how nasty EDGE really is.

My signal is -57dBm and just pulled 554kbps down / 337 kbps up

Upvote 0
If they are marketing those little 3G sticks for laptops like they are up here they will have disappointed customers if you can't even get 1M speed. With tethering I don't them but they are all over the ads here. Not such a big deal on a phone at least for how I use it but on the 'slower' towers I still get 1500kbs or better most of the time. >3M is pretty common. Of course your mileage may vary....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones