HTC Android Phones having Touchscreen Problems

Last Updated:

1. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Some of our newly released HTC Android phones brethren are having some screen issues. Both Gizmodo and Engadget have been reporting on the recently released EVO4G having issues with some where the glass pops up and out. Apparently, the adhesive holding the glass to the phone is defective for some owners.

HTC EVO 4Gs Falling Apart Already?

And while that problem is fresh and hot of the presses, another problem is already cropping up for the EVO4G, but also affecting the DROID Incredible as well. It seems that there are some screen unresponsiveness. A screen insensitivity is affecting the devices when they are not grounded. In other words, if you're NOT actually holding your phone, and it's resting on something inert, the top portion of the screen will not recognize inputs. See this video:

YouTube - EVO 4G Screen Issues - Ungrounded Screen

Apparently, the Droid Incredible is even worse off and also having issues with touchscreen problems, except it affects the entire screen:

YouTube - Verizon HTC Incredible - Unresponsive Screen Test 4

You know what other phone has had a history of touchscreen issues: Nexus One made by, well, what do you know... HTC. Not all phones are affected. I know, because this past weekend, I was comparing my DROID with a DInc on a table and they worked just fine. But some devices are affected and clearly in the second video, all three DInc are defective. Looks like only phones made by HTC after the N1 have had these issues, perhaps a sign of cost-cutting and known cheap materials affecting the phone. You know what Android phone doesn't have these touch screen issues?

Motorola Droid. DROID DOES!

Advertisement
  2. cruud

cruud Well-Known Member

Apple does a really good job with the screens. Good resolution, good responsiveness. Hopefully these problems will highlight how far back even the top android devices are and manufacturers will respond by raising quality.

3. chippy

chippy Well-Known Member

I just tried this same test on my roommate's HTC and my Moto and they both worked fine, wasn't seeing any of the issues that were in the video.

4. 3devious

3devious Well-Known Member

I hope this is just a small minority of the new phones. Does this happen with the Eris?

5. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

According to the video, the Eris is not affected. I do think that this is a minority of phone devices. Like I said, my buddy's DInc did not exhibit these issues.

6. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

So of all the problems the Eris does have, the touchscreen works fine compared to newer HTC phones. Interesting to say the least.

7. 3devious

3devious Well-Known Member

Yeah, Demache. I was kinda leery of HTC's products and I was hoping that the good performance of the Incredible would signal a turning point for them.