HTC Apps on Samsung Moment?Support

Last Updated:

1. mjz773

mjz773 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

If this has been posted already I am sorry, but I have a Hero, and am thinking of switching to the Moment if this works.

I am not taking credit for the icons the person who posted it here got the apps, but apparently, these are APK's of HTC apps from the Hero (people, Mail, Messages) that change the icon on the hero to the Eclair style icons, So the OP says it will not change the functionality of the app just the icon, so essentially it is just installing the HTC App, with a new icon.

http://androidforums.com/sprint-htc-hero/43112-download-2-1-icons-nexus-launcher.html#post332820

What I am taking credit for if this works, is downloading the HTC APK's on the Moment and seeing if they successfully work on the Moment. If it does work you will have the functionality of the Moment's keyboard with the HTC apps. So if anyone can try installing one of them and posting on here if it works, I would really appreciate it, because I would definetly make the switch to the Moment, and everyone that has the Moment can Enjoy the HTC apps.
    Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. mjz773

I asked the Person who posted that thread, and he said they are the full versions, does anyone want to test this out, he said it should work, just do a backup.

3. numus

numus Banned

HTC's android os has totally different paths and inherents then the samsung moment android os...

4. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

you can't take credit for what you can't/won't do lol, if someone figures out how to get it to work, THEY get credit, not you...

btw i get credit for flying cars running android in a few centuries...

5. mjz773

lol true, but I don't have a moment. If I did, I would have done it already. I think it will work, The OP on the other thread says its the full HTC app, all you would have to do is allow downloads of apps outside of the market, and install the app on the phone, right?

6. RoboPastries

RoboPastries Member

Has anyone tried this yet or can confirm that this works?

7. mjz773

I installed astro file explorer and tried installing it and it says it installed, but opened up the stock app for whatever HTC app it said it "successfully"
    I didn't have that much time because I was using the one at the Sprint Store lol,
    But I would assume with a rooted moment you would be able too.

8. chibucks

chibucks Well-Known Member

Agreed. U could strip the icons from the apks and use them for the moment apks. :)

9. numus

numus Banned

Already pretty much did :)