• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

htc aria froyo download?

Just an idea... I would read about what you are getting into before jumping headfirst into it. I mean not just how to do it. I mean like what it is you are actually doing.

this ---^

don't brick your phone!

I'm running A Liberated FR005 ROM (Froyo/2.2) that includes sense.
I much prefer this to CYANOGEN. The only thing i like about CM is the working overclocking kernal.
Currently overclocking kernels are still buggy with this ROM.

Upvote 0
I dont know what to do now. can any one please tell me which one i should use . what are the pros and cons

Once you root your phone, you can make a nandroid backup of your current ROM that you can restore and get your phone back to the way it is. This is the most important step.

Speaking for myself, once you backup your system, load one of the ROMs and take it for a spin. If you don't like it, then load the other one and play with it. If you don't like either one, then restore your nandroid backup and you will be back to square one (your original ROM).

Regards,

Tom

Upvote 0
Once you root your phone, you can make a nandroid backup of your current ROM that you can restore and get your phone back to the way it is. This is the most important step.

Speaking for myself, once you backup your system, load one of the ROMs and take it for a spin. If you don't like it, then load the other one and play with it. If you don't like either one, then restore your nandroid backup and you will be back to square one (your original ROM).

Regards,

Tom
Any clue when HTC/AT&T is going to come out with a legit user update to 2.2?

Upvote 0
Any clue when HTC/AT&T is going to come out with a legit user update to 2.2?

AT&T has the final OK on when the ROM will ship and given their track record in the past, I beginning to wonder if we will see it before the end of year.

With other HTC/AT&T products in the past, a copy of the ROM was leaked several weeks before the actual ROM was released by AT&T. So far the only leaked version of 2.2 has been for the European version called the Gratia which of course doesn't have the AT&T customizations.

The fact that we haven't seen a leaked version of the AT&T ROM yet leads me to believe that it may not ship before the end of the year.

Regards,

Tom

Upvote 0
AT&T has the final OK on when the ROM will ship and given their track record in the past, I beginning to wonder if we will see it before the end of year.

With other HTC/AT&T products in the past, a copy of the ROM was leaked several weeks before the actual ROM was released by AT&T. So far the only leaked version of 2.2 has been for the European version called the Gratia which of course doesn't have the AT&T customizations.

The fact that we haven't seen a leaked version of the AT&T ROM yet leads me to believe that it may not ship before the end of the year.

Regards,

Tom

Just head over to XDA-Devs and pick up a perfectly functional copy of Liberated Froyo R007 (Sense 2.2 with Froyo). You really don't want a 'legit' version of Froyo from ATT as they will certainly gunk it up with their customizations, which isn't a good thing in my book. Who really wants an OS that's intentionally crippled? ROM: Liberated Aria FR Series - Now with Froyo - xda-developers

Upvote 0
Just head over to XDA-Devs and pick up a perfectly functional copy of Liberated Froyo R007 (Sense 2.2 with Froyo). You really don't want a 'legit' version of Froyo from ATT as they will certainly gunk it up with their customizations, which isn't a good thing in my book. Who really wants an OS that's intentionally crippled? ROM: Liberated Aria FR Series - Now with Froyo - xda-developers

EXACTLY! I agree 100%... go get the Liberated Aria FR series from attn1.

I've had my HTC Aria since June and finally got up the nerve over the weekend to install Froyo. I have to say that I am absolutely kicking myself for not having done this earlier... it was a breeze and I now have 2.2 running perfectly without any of the AT&T crap cluttering up my phone. Best of all? No annoying "WHOOSH" and that stupid AT&T start-up logo! That was worth it right there!

I used Unrevoked (unrevoked3 recovery reflash tool, v3.21) and basically followed instructions from the following sources:

Video walk-thru: How to Root the Aria with unrEVOked 3.21 [Video Walkthrough] | The Droid Demos

Step-by-step instructions (I used the liberated_aria_ddx_FR007_signed ROM) A step by step guide to rooting and installation of liberated Aria/froyo/cyanogen.. [Archive] - xda-developers

If you are like me and have been hesitating, what are you waiting for? Take the plunge... it's worth it. I think it probably took me less than 15 minutes. Good luck and if you have questions or are unsure, just ask for help in the forums. There are a lot of great folks around here that can help.

-c

Upvote 0
Are web browsing and picture taking any quicker? I'm more curious about the web browsing experience.

This is the second thread you have posted on asking the same question.

I have found that 'fast' and 'quick' are more about user perception and experience. The benchmark numbers between Aria 2.1 and Aria/Gratia 2.2 show an actual measured improvement, but some users 'complain' that 2.2 is slow and laggy whereas others sing its praises as being so much smoother and faster.

To find the answer 'you' are looking for, you will need to bite the bullet and try it yourself.

Upvote 0
This is the second thread you have posted on asking the same question.

I have found that 'fast' and 'quick' are more about user perception and experience. The benchmark numbers between Aria 2.1 and Aria/Gratia 2.2 show an actual measured improvement, but some users 'complain' that 2.2 is slow and laggy whereas others sing its praises as being so much smoother and faster.

To find the answer 'you' are looking for, you will need to bite the bullet and try it yourself.
Sorry about the double post.....did you notice any difference in web speed (actual) with the updated rom?

Upvote 0
Sorry about the double post.....did you notice any difference in web speed (actual) with the updated rom?

Personally I went from the released Aria 2.1 ROM to CM 6.0 and now CM 6.1. I have not even tried the Liberated FRxx 2.2 ROM because I have weened myself from HTC Sense.

That being said, IMO yes the web browsing speed it better on Froyo 2.2 than it was on 2.1. It fact I would say that it is absolutely amazing!!! Do I have any facts or timings to back that up? No, and technically it is comparing apples to oranges in this case because my 2.1 experience was using HTC Sense and my 2.2 experience is using AOSP Android 2.2. But as I said before, it is going to be your own perception and experience in trying a 2.2 ROM yourself upon which YOU will make your decision.

Upvote 0
i heard there is an update on ruu for the aria do i need it? what are the benefits? does anyone knows or done it?:D

If this is the one you are asking about:

HTC Mobile Phone Support - HTC Aria? (AT&T) - Downloads

It has been available since September and basically added the ability to receive OTA (over the air) updates from HTC/AT&T. It is not the Android 2.2 update that everyone has been waiting for.

Upvote 0
Yes after rooting you will be able to redownload your purchased apps as long as you reenter in the same gmail when your restart. purchased apps are linked forever to your gmail. So you could redownload them on after every reset, or on new phones. However it wouldnt be much necessary if you properly backup your phone after formating which saves your phone in its entirety in its current state (apps, settings, contacts included)

Upvote 0
Rooting to Froyo 2.2 for better battery, Text to Speech, Loading, Apps onto SD, Tethering, Live Wallpaper (kinda drains batteries though but cool nonetheless) yea....most everything

You can download the ROM from here ROM: Liberated Aria FR Series - Now with Froyo - xda-developers
TY Attn1 :)
Option DDX vs nonDDX version. To my knowledge DDX takes a little longer to load on start up but allows for
http://droid.neolobster.com/roms/liberated_aria_ddx_FR007_signed.zipquicker application running because some key files for customization such as colors are DDX'd (like already unzipped)

As for the steps....it's marvelously listed out here so that virtually everyone should be able to follow
TY
asiancuta :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones