HTC Aria limitations?

Last Updated:

1. SysAdmNj

SysAdmNj Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so it cant do Google earth. Anything else it cant do? I've seen it load up sites with flash content(ads) ok. Can you play videos with no issues? Whether it be youtube or movies off your sd card?

Advertisement
  2. AndrewAmazed

AndrewAmazed Active Member

yea, youtube videos work fine for me. Haven't tried with sd card...don't really plan to either, lost my 16gb =(

3. Cronis

Cronis Well-Known Member

yea videos play fine... sideloaded 10.1 and it seems to work nicely on webpages as well... as far as other things it cant do, live wallpapers is the only other item i can think of.

4. Jofaba

Jofaba Well-Known Member

Considering it's an ios4 competitor on a dedicated Apple network, there are bound to be some limitations. But, also considering that, it's a fantastic little device. I came to the droid game fully salivating over the Inc and then the X, but I can't dish out the cash they want so I've given the Aria a shot and am very happy so far. I spent this evening trying to talk myself into swapping to the iphone4 and can't find more than 1 reason to do so (camera). But I can think of dozens of reasons to stick to the Aria =)

5. SysAdmNj

Darn

6. Jofaba

Jofaba Well-Known Member

Is that really that big of a deal? Seems like one of those things that are NEAT but lose their appeal overtime, especially on such a small screen. Sort of like the page flip for ebooks. Seems awesome at first, but then you compare it to just tapping the bottom of the page and you start to forget how "awesome" that animation was.

To be fair, I've never actually seen live wallpaper. But I doubt the lack of it would turn me off of a phone that otherwise met or exceeded my needs.

Kind of reminds me of all the animations and effects that Ubuntu can do. They're fun at first when you show your friends what your FREE os can do, but except in showing off, how often do you continue using them in your day-to-day? I tried to make use of the cube spaces, but it was a mental requirement rather than an actual benefit to the experience.

7. SysAdmNj

This is true, But I wonder if it will work with 2.2 if this phone ever gets the froyo update.

8. Cronis

Cronis Well-Known Member

yea live wallpapers are just something cool to show off... i haven't used them but apparently they really drain the battery, so def not something i would use long term.

9. MSGNYC

MSGNYC Member

I'm a fan of live wallpapers aswell.
    While I do like sense, I really wish htc would refrain from removing launcher from their handsets. No Launcher = no LWP. Not everyone likes sense UI anyways. It would probably sell better if you could turn off sense to be honest.