HTC Aria or Iphone4?

1. SysAdmNj

SysAdmNj Well-Known Member

Would it be safe to say this is still a better choice than the iphone4?

Advertisement
  2. tsanuri

tsanuri Well-Known Member

no.

Man I feel dirty now.
    SysAdmNj likes this.
  3. SysAdmNj

4. csreborn

csreborn Well-Known Member

No, this is a mid level phone, basically a HTC Legend in a different case. This biggest positive thing about this phone is AT&T didn't castrate in leaving hope for the other two HTC supposedly coming this year.
  5. ghostfox1

ghostfox1 Well-Known Member

They're both horrible phones.
  6. =KLRS=ZERO

=KLRS=ZERO Well-Known Member

neither
  7. SysAdmNj

Is the HTC Legend that bad?
  8. t-readyroc

t-readyroc Well-Known Member

To that I'd say to check out all of the happy owners' threads in the Legend forum. It's one of those down-to-personal-needs/preferences things...
  9. lordmaxx

lordmaxx Well-Known Member

I agree with neither, but if faced with death or choosing I'd have to choose....*gasp* the Iphone because I cant stand substandard phones that they charge the same price as a high end for....$230...wtf....
  10. csreborn

csreborn Well-Known Member

No, I'm not saying it's bad at all, just not a high end Android phone like a N1/Inc/EVO and isn't meant to be.

Being that it's not is perfect for some people.
  11. Snow_Fox

Snow_Fox Well-Known Member

oh god.... I wouldn't feel as dirty if I rolled around in pig feces.. to give you an idea of how dirty I feel for what i'm about to say.

Your comparing an econocar like a toyota yaris to a mercedes benz when you compare these two different phones.. The htc being the yaris and the iphone being the benz..

And fyi.. i hate the "iphone is like a bmw or mercedes benz" comparisons..

And yeah.. it does make me puke that you have to pay what you have to for the aria.. its so that when priced.. the iphone will seem more "prestigeous"
  12. Ambictus

Ambictus Well-Known Member

Actually which is better comes down to what you want. The Aria appears to run quite smoothly and has everything you'd want in Android. No, it may not set your pocket on fire with it's high end SoC, but it's still a solid phone. I personally would take the Aria(and Backflip for that matter) over the iPhone because I don't like the iPhone OS. If you however do like the iPhone OS then obviously the iPhone is going to be superior to the Aria. It all comes down to preference. I prefer Android, my brother-in-law prefers iPhone OS.
  13. lordmaxx

It will sorta set your pocket on fire with the price...but I've been saying that...I know there is a 'rebate' but out of pocket is still ridiculous on this thing.
  14. Cronis

Cronis Well-Known Member

I think if you wanted to compare it to an IPhone, The Aria is more along the lines of a 3GS hardware wise... Iphone4 is just higher end phone. Its like comparing the Aria to a Nexus one.
  15. anoid

anoid Well-Known Member

Agreed.
    I think I replied to you about this in another thread; $130 for an Aria, when $70 more you can get a powerhouse iphone4? No sir.
    And I surely don't feel comfortable dishing out $230 up front, when I can walk outta the store with a spankin new iPhone4 for $30 less. ForgetAboutit! :p
  16. Jofaba

Jofaba Well-Known Member

I picked up the Aria and am pretty pleased so far. I originally wanted an Inc or X but because of my credit I'll have to lay $400 down in a security deposit, and while that doesn't necessarily bother me as I'd get the money back in a year, I honestly just can't afford it or justify such an investment.

Since my family is already on ATT and I happen to have the "master" phone, I decided to check out the iphone and Aria. I love the droid OS so I'll probably either keep this or jump ship and bite the green bullet with Verizon within my 30 days.

Even though I could easily swap to the iphone 4 for around $100 including the restock fee on this phone, I'd still rather pony up an additional $400 to switch carriers. Which I may just very well end up doing because of ATT's 2gb limit.
  17. screenamesuck

screenamesuck Well-Known Member

I'm perfectly happy with my Aria and don't really care about the iPhone to be honest. The iPhone doesn't have anything special enough for me to wanna pay $200+ for it when I could get an Android for FREE. I've still been playing with Aria everyday since the 18th
  18. lordmaxx

Don't think I've seen a free Aria deal out there. But it should be lowered in price once the Captivate comes out.
  19. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

20. lordmaxx

Nice. still not for me though. But good to see it's at a more reasonable price for the hardware.
  21. SysAdmNj

Whats for you then?
  22. lordmaxx

Seems captivate is right now. Unless HTC wows us with something that doesnt have a year and half old processor in it with a 4" screen.
  23. SysAdmNj

Ahh ok, I'm still undecided lol. For some reason I dont want to lose my AT&T grandfathered unlimited data and thats keeping me here, dont feel like waiting for the samsung as that doesnt seem like a wow android either. Might get the Aria, its getting ok - good reviews.
  24. lordmaxx

tomorrow is Samsungs big event, perhaps we will get lucky with real news or a close to firm date.
  25. SysAdmNj

I know, thats what I'm looking forward to, hopefully the release date is right around the droid x release date. If they're smart it will be.