HTC Aria - Rooting

1. aekhhi

aekhhi Well-Known Member

I've looked in the aria section.. but

I've never rooted a phone before in my entire life. I've done Blackberry upgrades on OS, and had step-by-step instructions. But I've also had it where my blackberry flip crashed after installing a new operating system.

I don't want to do anything wrong, or mess up my phone (HTC Aria on at&t).

So I'm asking for advice or the best way to root my HTC Aria so that I do not have any problems whatsoever or experience a phone that won't restart.

Also, pros & cons if possible. Do I lose any of my features if I root my phone? I have it as 3G right now and I use wifi all of the time. Will these by effected?

Help me please! I'd really appreciate it.

PS: I posted this in general discussion because I feel that it would get the most responses and hopefully very helpful ones.

PPS: All I really want to do is install 3rd party apps (Frostwire & Firefox Beta 4, etc) since they are not in the android market. at&t has it so that you can't install 3rd party apps (ex: scanning barcode on an app that isn't in their market & downloading it but unable to install it) I'll keep reading other posts, but any suggestions, I'll take!

Advertisement