Htc aria: Screen goes blank or black with calls! Possibly proximity sensor problem!

Last Updated:

1. jgarcia2011

jgarcia2011 New Member

I am using an HTC aria and the phone goes blank immediately after I place a call. I cannot access the screen. i must remove battery from phone in order to end the call. I tried applications, but it wont work. Is there a solution to my problem? How do I adjust the proximity sensor on my phone's settings? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Stinky Stinky

Stinky Stinky Well-Known Member

jgarcia2011 likes this.
  3. jgarcia2011

jgarcia2011 New Member

4. Stinky Stinky

jgarcia2011 likes this.
  5. jgarcia2011

jgarcia2011 New Member

I know that the proximity sensor does work. I put it up against a light bulb and it turns on and off. I just need info on how to adjust the proximity sensor because it it not sensitive.
  6. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Glad you signed up! Welcome! Feel free to share in the conversations!
  7. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!
  8. Stinky Stinky

Hey jgarcia dude / dudette! :)

Hmm, maybe i can find u a script that some 1 else wrote to help with ur proximity sensor,

I am only a beginner (1st year student) in programming so i don't know if i will be successful :D

I might do more damage than good! hahaha lol

Hmm i wonder if i can make a dirty script with python for droid for ur sensor...? I will try dude / dudette...

Hmm i dunno :( but will try, i am very new at this! lol

Keep well

Stinks

Sensor | Android Developers

LinuxPlanet - Tutorials - Android Scripting With Python - Installation and Hello World
  9. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Welcome to Android Forums!! :)
  10. sandgrules

sandgrules New Member

I have the same problem, though my phone didn't start doing that till after I dropped it and replaced the screen :(

One thing I've found is that if I put just a little bit of pressure on the center of the screen and hold it there (I pinch the phone with my thumb on the front and index finger on the back), then it will come back. This usually work, but can take a second or two. It's really annoying when I call up a business that asks me to press certain numbers at certain times.

If you find anything else that works, please share!