Htc battery life

Last Updated:

1. rsolio

rsolio New Member This Topic's Starter

I purchased a new HTC Hero on 24/4/10 after reading excellent reports about its performance and capabilities. I am pleased with the phone, but I cannot believe how poor the battery life is. I have charged it up every day since purchase, and when I attempted to match it up to the blue tooth connector in the car (for no longrer than 2-3 minutes), I had to charge it up twice in the same day !! I am far from being a heavy user, and even if I only make one or two calls and texts a day, the battery seems to run down at an alarming rate. has anyone else encountered this problem,and if so, is there a solution.Thanks for any tips.
    Yours, in desparation.:(

Advertisement
  2. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Read this thread: http://androidforums.com/sprint-htc...hero-battery-life-thread-tips-discussion.html

Out of the box, the Hero battery is not as efficient as it COULD BE. You will have to do a shit-ton of tweaking to get this phone up to its potential. That thread has a lot of good tips to do just that. When I get around to it, I will also send you my personal tips that I have used to get a fulls days use out of the battery, being a heavy user.

ALSO: Please remember, you are basically using a hand held computing device. Upon entering the Smartphone world, you will have to get used to lots of charging and battery drainage. That is the nature of the beast. "Dumb phones" don't have a 1/16 of the features that this phone has, but with those features comes battery usage and battery drainage.

Get used to having an extra wall charger at work, and a car charger in your vehicle :)

3. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

Any smart phone you get will kill the battery quick. As Scott said, read the tips and tricks thread at the top of the forum. One of the biggest battery savers I've found though is to turn off mobile web when you're not using it. If you're truly a light user, this tip alone will make your phone go 2 days easy. But if you play with your phone as much as most of us do, get used to multiple charges a day.