HTC Battery widget stuck on installing (+more questions)General

Last Updated:

1. AdrianC14

AdrianC14 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm on the official 2.1 software. I went into HTC widgets and it said there was an update for the HTC Battery widget. So I let it download, then install, but it's been stuck on "installing" ever since. I can't click "cancel download" because it is grayed out. Help please.

Also, is there a way to make Gmail sync once a day?

Also, Facebook synced the numbers of all my friends into the dialer app and I want to delete some because I never call them, but I can't see how to delete them?

Advertisement
  2. SoloWinter

SoloWinter Member

I'm having the same problem with installing an HTC widget. Mine has been stuck in "installing" mode for more than 12 hours and I can't cancel it.

3. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

Sounds like you may have to yank the battery. Have you done the factory reset since your update?

4. SoloWinter

SoloWinter Member

I'm not sure what yanking the battery would accomplish. Everything else works fine and the phone has already been rebooted.

No, haven't done a factory reset and have no intentions of doing so. I just made the upgrade to Android 2.1 yesterday and that wiped everything and took me back to a clean slate. Spent hours between yesterday and today reinstalling and reconfiguring apps. I'm not going to do that again over a single buggy app.

5. xx_bishop_xx

I misunderstood. From your post I thought your phone was "stuck", and thought a battery pull would help. The factory reset was a suggestion based upon some positive feedback from Frisco's sticky post about a reset helping many post update errors/issues. There is market software for backing up your applications if you wish. Just my thoughts. Good luck.

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/80233-factory-data-reset-option.html

6. SoloWinter

SoloWinter Member

No problem. I appreciate the attempt to help. It's just an HTC widget that's not even important to me, so it's not really worth the hassle of doing a factory reset for me. Mostly it's just an annoyance. I will take a look at the app backup, though. That would've been useful for me yesterday!

Thanks!

7. timwaters27

timwaters27 Active Member

I am having the exact problem, just with the "notes" widget. i downloaded and installed the battery one with easy, but it seems the "notes" widget is stuck on installing with a greyed out cancel download.

8. xx_bishop_xx

I think your overall satisfaction with the phone would be increased if you perform the factory reset (if you haven't done so after your update). There is a good thread on backing up. Additionally, there are other good free battery apps, like "Battery Left" which is pretty nice. You can configure the colors on the widgets, etc.

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/41385-how-backup-your-htc-eris.html

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/80233-factory-data-reset-option.html

From another post, it looks like some are having success with this, and not hard resetting the phone. I don't know if it applies here, but worth a shot if you dont want to wipe the phone:

settings > applications > manage applications > HTC Sense > clear data

9. timwaters27

timwaters27 Active Member

what exactly does that clear? e.g will my sense interface be wiped out?

10. xx_bishop_xx

Yes sir, I believe so. But for some, it is a better option than a factory reset which would wipe out everything.

Wait, the Sense interface would still be there, but some widgets, and some personalizations/preferences would be lost and need to be adjusted/configured again.

11. Lozer_Kid

Lozer_Kid Well-Known Member

I am having the same problem on my Sprint HTC Hero. It seems like it got stuck when i tried reboot my phone while the battery widget was intalling. I did the same thing with the dice widget and turned my phone off on purpose while it was installing and now that its back on, the dice widget is stuck on installing as well. i guess ill just have to have to hard reset my phone.

12. SoloWinter

SoloWinter Member

I don't think it has anything to do with turning the phone off. These installs just seem to randomly freeze on their own.

13. Lozer_Kid

Lozer_Kid Well-Known Member

I don't really know what the problem is then. I went to Manage apps and cleared the data for HTC sense, but it didn't work for me. I'm resetting my phone right now. I wish the battery widget wasn't a big deal for me, but I got so used to that, that now I feel like a HAVE to have it lol

14. AdrianC14

AdrianC14 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just ended up doing a factory reset.

15. shastry

shastry New Member

Manage Applications -> HTC Widget Download Manager

Clear Cache and Data, reboot phone (or restart rosie).