• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

htc booting problem

hi my htc is not booting at all. i tried to switch and restart. then also it not working. so please

• htc

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • htc a310

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hi Kumararun

I presume your phone is not rooted as this isn't in the root section of the forum.

The first thing you should try is to remove the battery for several minutes then attempt to boot again.

If that doesn't work you will need to boot into recovery mode. Remove & reinsert the battery. Then hold the volume down (-) button while you press the power button. This should put you into the bootloader which is a white screen with some colored text on it. After a few seconds a menu will appear. Use the volume up & down buttons to navigate to recovery & the power button to select it. You should now see a black screen with a red triangle. Now hold the volume up (+) and press the power button. There's a youtube clip here which shows the process
From the menu options select clear cache or similar option (its been a while since I used stock recovery). You'll need to use the volume keys & the power button for this again. Once you've cleared the cache select the reboot phone option.

If that doesn't work follow the above steps back into recovery but this time select factory reset. This will wipe your phone but in doing so may remove any corrupted data that is causing the problem. The content of your sd card will remain intact.

If these steps don't work we will need some more information about your phone to go any further.

Reactions: Hadron and EarlyMon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones