• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Bravo pictured more lucidly

Yes but i have read hints that it will come to t-mobile us in january lately.
Tmonews.com posted that they got info a google phone from code name "project passion" would realease within the first 2 weeks of january.
Soon after digitimes.com posted a simular report which gives credability to tmobile.

Google Phone To T-Mobile? | TmoNews - Unofficial T-Mobile Blog - News, Videos, Articles and more

Nothing official though... all rumors

But with names of Passion and PassionC in the leaked 2.1 rom odds would favor GSM and CDMA versions coming at the same time. Hence Tmobile and Verizon could both get it in Jan.

Upvote 0
Please stop posting false information. The Bravo is coming to T-mobile UK in April, per the product brochure that was leaked, and January to the US, but we have no carrier information yet.

I only post what I've read.

TechnoGeekGuy Blog Archive HTC Bravo heading to Verizon Wireless April 2010

Even so, the road map data released shows that the Bravo/Passion/whatever doesn't even support the CDMA network/frequencies for VZW USA. This only corroborates a later release. How much later is speculative, but April was what's been tossed around, coincidental to the Europe launch, like DROID/Milestone.

Upvote 0

Even so, the road map data released shows that the Bravo/Passion/whatever doesn't even support the CDMA network/frequencies for VZW USA. This only corroborates a later release. How much later is speculative, but April was what's been tossed around, coincidental to the Europe launch, like DROID/Milestone.

You are quoting web sites that are going off the European release. We know from other sources that it does not apply to the US release, which appears to be January, and matches what people with insider info from Google have told us as well.

Upvote 0

This post refers to the brochure leak we've discussed, which was for T-mobile UK only. This means that it will not list any US CDMA frequencies because they are not in use in the UK. The only thing this brochure has bearing on is T-mobile UK's offerings. It in no way says anything about the US release above that there exists a phone that could potentially be in the US as well.

Upvote 0
I do not want to believe the April 2010 rumor for Verizon, mainly because I am desperately in need of a new phone and do not want the Droid because I have no need for the slide out keyboard and extra weight. I remember reading somewhere that the Blackberry Curve2 and the HTC Passion/Dragon were competing for late Nov/December release date and which ever was ready first would be released. Obviously the Cruve2 was already released, so doesn't it seem like the HTC Passion/Dragon should be released way sooner than April?

Maybe I am completely wrong but could this "Bravo" not be the same phone that VZW was supposed to release before Christmas?

Upvote 0
I do not want to believe the April 2010 rumor for Verizon, mainly because I am desperately in need of a new phone and do not want the Droid because I have no need for the slide out keyboard and extra weight. I remember reading somewhere that the Blackberry Curve2 and the HTC Passion/Dragon were competing for late Nov/December release date and which ever was ready first would be released. Obviously the Cruve2 was already released, so doesn't it seem like the HTC Passion/Dragon should be released way sooner than April?

Maybe I am completely wrong but could this "Bravo" not be the same phone that VZW was supposed to release before Christmas?

Pay no attention to the april nonsense. People posting about an April launch in the US are reading information about European carriers, not North American. Yes the "Bravo" still known as the Passion over here in the land of dollars. Yes it is the phone Verizon was supposed to release on first black friday, then mid december and is now seemingly being pushed back till January.
To shoot down other possible ideas. FCC approval at most only needs about 2 weeks and can probably be done quicker (its approval not QA testing). If HTC wants to sneek it through the FCC they wouldn't apply for it under the HTC name (maybe SGS Taiwan ltd). So stop with the "No FCC listings as of blah-blah-blah". It can get approval on the 18th and launch Jan 1. Yes it can come to multiple carriers. With model names (found in the leaked 2.1 rom) of Passion, PassionC and Dragon you could have 3 models for 3 different carriers with one of them a CDMA model. The Specs from the 2010 catalog are for the European Bravo, hence the network standards do not fit US carriers.

Upvote 0
Pay no attention to the april nonsense. People posting about an April launch in the US are reading information about European carriers, not North American. Yes the "Bravo" still known as the Passion over here in the land of dollars. Yes it is the phone Verizon was supposed to release on first black friday, then mid december and is now seemingly being pushed back till January.
To shoot down other possible ideas. FCC approval at most only needs about 2 weeks and can probably be done quicker (its approval not QA testing). If HTC wants to sneek it through the FCC they wouldn't apply for it under the HTC name (maybe SGS Taiwan ltd). So stop with the "No FCC listings as of blah-blah-blah". It can get approval on the 18th and launch Jan 1. Yes it can come to multiple carriers. With model names (found in the leaked 2.1 rom) of Passion, PassionC and Dragon you could have 3 models for 3 different carriers with one of them a CDMA model. The Specs from the 2010 catalog are for the European Bravo, hence the network standards do not fit US carriers.
user_online.gif

Amen!

Upvote 0
Where are you seeing that!? Everyone is reporting 3.7/3.5. Even looking at the leaked pics theres no way that can be 4.3. If it is that phone is friggin HUGE!

I took all the information I could find on the phone from all the sites and printed it out then went through it all and based off what I have in front of me it should be a 4.3 screen.I just added all the collected information together and removed Asian and euro items,looked at the market in USA and so on.There is evidence that it will very well be 4.3 and HTC has a 4.3 device design already.

I am faithful and hopeful with complete personal understanding that this it what it will be...:D

Yes,it will be a BIG phone in over all x,y but not Z dimensions.

Upvote 0
I also forgot to mention in that list of things that ties this all together that the time frame couldnt fit any better. Verizon raised their ETF and mid-late January release fits nicely into that (for them). Also with the BOGO offer on the Eris it seems theyre trying to dump their inventory fast while appealing to the holiday shoppers and reaping some nice rewards. As for the other Carriers maybe someone else has some insight on this puzzle. I havent been reading up too much on that aspect as I am stuck with Big Red so thats where my concern lies.

I completely agree with this...
From a Verizon Wireless marketing standpoint, they have set everything up for a mid/end January release of this phone. I DONT think AT&T will get this phone because they already have the iPhone and they will get the X10. AT&T also has a weak hold Android-wise so it is incongruent to believe it is coming to them. As for Tmo, they will probably get it in January as well because they have strong ties with Android (being the 1st to release a mainstream android device: G1) and they are long overdue for a strong Android device. Sprint will probably receive it as well.

I personally want it to be released on VZW because my Dare needs a replacement badly and I am very impressed by the Android OS.

Specs are looking good and although we all wanted a 4"+ screen, a 3.7" will definitly suffice because I use my iPod touch daily (3.5" screen) and it's screen is more than ample..

**Question: will this have a hard END button? i cant tell from the pic if the button on the bottom right is a search button or an end one.

Upvote 0
HTC Passion/Dragon/Bravo will likely be coming out in January to T-Mobile. Verizon will have to wait until April as they mate the CDMA technology to the phone.

The snapdragon chipset already supports cdma:

The Snapdragon™ Platform

Technical Features for QSD8x50 chipsets

The QSD8x50 platform consists of the QSD8250™ which supports GSM, GPRS, EDGE, HSPA networks while the QSD8650™ supports CDMA2000 1X, 1xEV-DO Rel 0/A/B, GSM, GPRS, EDGE and HSPA networks. Both chipsets include:
  • 1 GHz CPU
  • 600MHz DSP
  • Integrated 3G mobile broadband
  • Support for Wi-Fi

Upvote 0
Haha you and I might be the only people on this forum with a Dare. I am pretty embarrassed by it. I definitely share your need of new phone.

I am in the same boat. I have a Dare. Yeah it may not be the best, but it works for what I use it for-taking pictures and texting. A charge lasts forever. I am not in any hurry to get a new phone. None of the VZW offerings look good to me. I like the Eris, but the battery sucks and the camera has no flash. The Motorola Droid was good, but the camera sucked. Thought about getting a BB, but want to see how this passion thing comes along.

Upvote 0
I am in the same boat. I have a Dare. Yeah it may not be the best, but it works for what I use it for-taking pictures and texting. A charge lasts forever. I am not in any hurry to get a new phone. None of the VZW offerings look good to me. I like the Eris, but the battery sucks and the camera has no flash. The Motorola Droid was good, but the camera sucked. Thought about getting a BB, but want to see how this passion thing comes along.

Hey pity I have a BB Storm right now and if its between a BB or the Passion for you I'll tell right now go for the Passion. Unless You're a business man who just has to have the best "Push" e-mail, the Passion will do "EVERYTHING" else better and a lot FASTER. I wouldn't steer you wrong buddy.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones