• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Bravo Renamed Desire, Verizon

phandroid

Admin News Bot
Apr 12, 2008
If the kids at Modaco are right, the rumored HTC Bravo will launch on Verizon Wireless as the HTC Desire, pleasing a LOT of people but confusing many in the process. The HTC Desire was also the rumored “codename” for what eventually became the HTC Droid Eris. Any way you look at it, the [...]

More...

pretty hot looking! it's even got a mini 'chin' :D

i'm not a fan of physical buttons, but this thing looks damn good!

htcdesire-550x412.png

Upvote 0
I think it's a SNAFU personally... it's obviously not for VZW - not in the incarnation... but perhaps this is Vodafone's version, and a VZW *could* be similar... I wouldn't be surprised...

one thing to note, and which it's nothing conclusive, and the pic couldn't easily be a touched up rendition for the media, but note - no noise canceling port on the back of the Bravo/Desire... also note, there is a small amount of space in the black area beneath "Phone" for a carrier logo...

While it looks damn good... I still personally prefer the "cleaner" look of the Nexus.... :D

Besides, who wants a big chromed HTC logo on their phone? not me.... :p

Upvote 0
I'm all about repp'in the chromed HTC logo. Plus, the real life pictures of the Bravo look damn stylish compared to the N1. Of course, being the ugly americans that we are, there's no way HTC gives us something that pretty. They will "localize" the Bravo for the U.S. market (see: HTC Incredible pics).

Upvote 0
Interesting that the N1 was announced for Vodafone yet they just announced today that they are getting the very similar HTC Desire. Verizon also is listed as getting the N1 but maybe the'll also get the Desire or similar? Verizon after all is owned by Vodafone or they are multi-national partners or some crap.

Upvote 0
Interesting that the N1 was announced for Vodafone yet they just announced today that they are getting the very similar HTC Desire. Verizon also is listed as getting the N1 but maybe the'll also get the Desire or similar? Verizon after all is owned by Vodafone or they are multi-national partners or some crap.

i wouldn't make any sense that they'd get both... although, it could also be that HTC is trying to retaliate against Google? would seem odd that they'd do that, but who knows... maybe they're upset the way the Nexus is working out... or they're simply fulfilling the demands of the carriers - who actually be the ones trying to retaliate against Google as they are basically trying to cut out the carriers from the handset market (which I'm all for - F the carriers!)

Upvote 0
i wouldn't make any sense that they'd get both... although, it could also be that HTC is trying to retaliate against Google? would seem odd that they'd do that, but who knows... maybe they're upset the way the Nexus is working out... or they're simply fulfilling the demands of the carriers - who actually be the ones trying to retaliate against Google as they are basically trying to cut out the carriers from the handset market (which I'm all for - F the carriers!)
This was from HTC's CEO & President from last October (Source is forbes.com):

HTC's loyalty also extends to Google, even amid reports that the search giant is developing its own Android handset. "Google tries to do things differently from the rest of the industry," Chou notes. While some of Google's actions can be "destructive," Chou says, HTC still values the partnership. "We've worked with Microsoft for 13 years

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones