• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HTC Bravo s-off problem, NOT BOOTING!!!

Hello there!!
I am a TOOTAAL NOOB!!!

I need help.

I got this HTC Bravo from my friend.
When I switch it on, it shows a joker image and then shows batman's joker's image holding a card on hand having s-off written on it.

what do I do to start this phone up?

just to clarify: I did not do anything to the phone, I simply want it to start normally.

and if I need to flash it, please let me know how to do so step by step,
don't worry, I have experience flashing Nokia phones so i believe with your help I can do this.

Does it do anything else? I assume it at least restarts (simply freezing on the splash screen is unusual, looping more common).

Sounds like your friend did something to it :)

Do as Tyseyh says, tell us what it says on that screen, then use the menu to select "recovery" and tell us what happens?

If you are S-Off the phone should be fixable (unless he's messed up the radio firmware, but I don't think you'd get the splash screen in that case).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones