HTC Browser Not Working...Support

Last Updated:

1. LWNda3rd

LWNda3rd Active Member This Topic's Starter

I tried to find information on my problem before posting, so if there is an exitsting thread, I apologize...

My stock htc browser is not working for some reason. It can't find the path....

Steel and Dolphin works fine, but I was wondering if anyone had any input on the situation. I have always received positive feedback from everyone, and my phone works wonderfully...Thanks!!!

Fresh 1.1-Gumbo Kernel-Setcpu-icon pack

Advertisement
  2. dvdqnoc

dvdqnoc Well-Known Member

Have you tried restarting your phone?

3. mbell75

mbell75 Banned

Have you tried putting the ROM your phone was meant to run with back on? Bet you $50 thats your problem right there....

4. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

Well there are a few variables it would seem with your situation. First, you have installed 2 other browsers. Secondly, you have installed a ROM to your phone as well.

So like it is already mentioned, first things first, try a simple reboot (power) and see if it clears the hiccup. If not then you might want to try backtracking from when the problem started on your phone. Did you install an app and THEN noticed the problem? Try this method, you will usually find the issue by backtracking and then isolating the cause. If you can't remember when exactly the problem began, then look at associated app's, i.e., the other two browsers you installed. Plus, if you installed the other two, why do you need the original? Just a question that popped into my head. Lastly, if you still can't find the problem and NEED the original browser, well there are ways, seeing that you Rooted your phone... but try the non-volatile methods first, lol... Let us know how it goes.

:cool:

5. zx12richard

zx12richard Well-Known Member

Hate all the browsers. I search only with Google voice search button. Tried dolphin and it wouldn't even open my fav beer site. Shiner Bock

6. LWNda3rd

LWNda3rd Active Member This Topic's Starter

I installed the additional browsers to see if they work, and they do. So I will use dolphin until I can fix the stock browser issue. Thanks for everyone's help.

7. likefrogs47

likefrogs47 New Member

I have a samsung moment and I too started having trouble with my stock browser. I was using opera too but I eventually got a new phone because of other connectivity problems and since then and without installing my 2nd browser option, which is opera I still had problems. Would try to load sprint's installed fb page and it will start loading and eventually the browser just closes so it is not a problem with having a second browser. All I can think is that something is going on, on the sprints side.