HTC Bungle: Primary number/e-mail in contactsSupport

Last Updated:

1. AndyH

AndyH Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hello Incredibles!

Ok. So I've switched from a Moto Droid to an Incredible. The contacts are a bit different. I'm having a problem, and HTC customer service says there's no solution.

With the Droid you could choose to label a number for a contact (assuming the contact has multiple numbers or e-mails) as the primary number. I never figured out how to get rid of any primary designation, but that's another matter.

Well, with the Incredible, the People app automatically designates a number as primary. You can change the primary number, but you can't eliminate it, which is annoying for two reasons: 1. in the dialer, when you type the person's name only the primary number comes up and 2. in the People app when you tap on the contact's photo to get the methods of contacting and then press phone, it auto dials the primary number only. I have several contacts who use multiple numbers with equal frequency.

Plus, to top it off, HTC's People app listed the wrong number as the primary in many instances, which means I have to go through all my contacts on the phone. This is a phone-specific feature and is unrelated to Google contacts.

So, that's my complaint today. It's purely about functionality, and it applies equally to e-mail addresses as well as phone numbers.

Andrew

Advertisement
  2. Medic005

Medic005 Well-Known Member

Go to each contact (view the contact card, don't edit), long click on the phone number that you want as the default, and click "set as primary".

3. AndyH

AndyH Active Member This Topic's Starter

Sure. But I want to set it so thet is NO primary number, which was the default on my Droid. I have some contacts with multiple numbers that are all used regularly.

4. bryanlee81

bryanlee81 Member

On the dialer, spell the name of the person you want to dial, then click the little graphic on the right side of that person's name and choose the number to call.

It's not as simple as on Blackberry, but still not too bad.

5. Tonyfargo

Tonyfargo New Member

I have problems similar to that too, though for me it is with the text messages. Even though I have the contacts set up with mobile/home/work numbers, it lists all of them when trying to choose a contact to send a text to. One of my friends that I text regularly it will always choose his home number first. I even deleted his home number from the list, and re-added it, so that the mobile one shows up first in the list of numbers on his contact page, but it still keeps trying to send to his home number. Drives me bonkers. Don't know how to get around it short of deleting his home number entirely.

6. WillJitsu

WillJitsu New Member

I totally agree with you. I'm trying to accomplish this on my EVO 4G. It's absolutely ridiculous that you can't remove the "primary" designation from a number. My shortcuts are useless because they will only dial one number. If I want to dial that contact's 2nd number, I'm forced to go into the dialer and do it that way. Terrible design.

7. waynester

waynester Well-Known Member

with bettercut you have option to make shortcuts for direct dial and direct txt