• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help htc calendar to google calendar

erwaso

Mar 5, 2011
CO
I put in all my calendar
events before siging up for a google
account, so they're all in 'htc calendar' and
not google calendar. Is there an easy way to
move all events from 'htc calendar' to
google cal? There seems to be no way to
transfer them all within the phone, and I
can't see a way to export them, so I can
import them through gmail.
Any solutions?

I put in all my calendar
events before siging up for a google
account, so they're all in 'htc calendar' and
not google calendar. Is there an easy way to
move all events from 'htc calendar' to
google cal? There seems to be no way to
transfer them all within the phone, and I
can't see a way to export them, so I can
import them through gmail.
Any solutions?

This is a little long-winded but I worked it out after much trawling the unanswered questions on many forums!

1. get the iCal Import/Export app from Google play (Android market)
2. Open iCal Import/Export and export your "PC sync" calendar to your SD card (it creates it as an ics file)
3. go to Applications (All), find Calendar Storage, then click Clear Data
4. Go to your Calendar app and in Settings / Calendars, turn off the PC Sync calendar, and ensure your Google account(s) calendar is selected.
4. [Doing this from your pc worked best for me] log into your google account and open calendar
5. From your google calendar, go to (Gear symbol) settings > calendar > import calendar
6. browse your SD card for the ics file
7. Tell it which Google calendar you want to import the data to (in my case, I had just the one showing my gmail address) and click OK.

All your "old" data should now be in your google account (and synchronising between phone and PC henceforth) and any new items should be entered into Google (as long as you deselected PC Sync in step 4.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones