HTC car charger genuine vs. compatible

Last Updated:

1. omidb1

omidb1 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi

I lost my fake HTC Hero car charger and am considering getting a new one. My question is do unofficial chargers affect the overall battery life? Are genuine ones actually worth getting given the difference in price?

I feel like in the 3 months I've had my phone the battery life has gone really bad but it could be because I have used it as a satnav a lot and had it plugged into my car even maybe when it didn't need charging.

Advertisement
  2. ayrshiredude

ayrshiredude Well-Known Member

I just charges the battery fake or real. They are probably all made in the same factory. The only difference is they real one costs a hell of a lot more to buy. I bought mine from ebay and it cost about

3. globalm

globalm Active Member

I find that if the phone is in use in the car with bluetooth on and some telephone activity, the 'fake' chatger I have cannot provide enough current to charge the battery. Under these circumstance, the battery continues to drop albeit at a lesser rate than without the charger.

Might a genuine charger alleviate this issue?

4. the_r_sole

the_r_sole Member

i got myself a usb car charger because i use different hardware in the car, never had any probs charging my hero with the original cable in the car (running bluetooth constantly with some calls)
    cost me about 2 quid, only downside is that the fit to the car socket sometimes requires a bit of jiggery pokery - my mate has a belkin one that seems top drawer, think that was about 7-8 quid

5. ayrshiredude

ayrshiredude Well-Known Member

I can't see how there would be any difference between a HTC one and a cheap one they both do the same thing

6. mgillespie

mgillespie Well-Known Member

The amount of current they deliver?

7. jev

jev Well-Known Member

Not really an issue. The USB standard prescribes 1A for non-powered devices, any charger on the market should be able to provide that.

The differences can be in power stability and mechanical (especially the part that makes the connection in the jack).

8. itsmoirob

itsmoirob Well-Known Member

From my experience the Hero has a good feature were if a underpower charger is used the Hero (Android phone??) display a warning message.

Personally I now use a Tomtom charger for my Hero.

9. shotgunfool

shotgunfool Well-Known Member

So do i ;) i borrowed my dad's satnav when i needed to drive a long distance, and i just kept his tomtom cable in my car, charges perfectly ;)

10. itsmoirob

itsmoirob Well-Known Member

I hope your dad's Tomtom battery doesn't run out.:D