• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC car charger genuine vs. compatible

omidb1

Feb 14, 2010
Hi

I lost my fake HTC Hero car charger and am considering getting a new one. My question is do unofficial chargers affect the overall battery life? Are genuine ones actually worth getting given the difference in price?

I feel like in the 3 months I've had my phone the battery life has gone really bad but it could be because I have used it as a satnav a lot and had it plugged into my car even maybe when it didn't need charging.

I find that if the phone is in use in the car with bluetooth on and some telephone activity, the 'fake' chatger I have cannot provide enough current to charge the battery. Under these circumstance, the battery continues to drop albeit at a lesser rate than without the charger.

Might a genuine charger alleviate this issue?

Upvote 0
i got myself a usb car charger because i use different hardware in the car, never had any probs charging my hero with the original cable in the car (running bluetooth constantly with some calls)
cost me about 2 quid, only downside is that the fit to the car socket sometimes requires a bit of jiggery pokery - my mate has a belkin one that seems top drawer, think that was about 7-8 quid

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones