HTC chargers?

1. Hit

Hit Member

Are the HTC MOGUL and HTC HERO the same? I have several chargers for the Mogul and would like to use them if possible.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Hi Hit :)

I'm not sure specifically what the HTC Mogal uses but the HTC Hero uses the standard USB mini. The same one many products use including camera's etc.

Carl C ;)
  3. Hit

Hit Member

Then Im going to assume its the same.

Thanks again Carl!!!
  4. Gremlyn1

Gremlyn1 Well-Known Member

Really? I would have thought they would use the Micro USB as most are these days... weirdos.
  5. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

The Hero does use the USB mini not the Micro :confused:

And most of the camera's & Gadgets I have bought come with USB Mini :)
  6. trick202

trick202 Well-Known Member

It'll all be streamlines across the board to micro before too long.

Think I read that somewhere - although it could have been a dream. Hard to tell.
  7. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

No your right , The micro will be made Universal in the near future but It hasn't yet hence my original answer is still correct and the most likely :)
  8. Gremlyn1

Gremlyn1 Well-Known Member

Most of my devices still use mini, to be honest I'm not sure why there is a mico and a mini, they really aren't any different in size. Plenty of devices used the mini already, so I don't know why there was a need to change to the micro. Oh well...
  9. fildrigar

fildrigar Active Member

My Hero uses the same charger as my Mogul. ( And Touch Pro, for that matter. ) Also, even though it has a standard headphone jack on it, it can still use the HTC headphones that plug into the charge jack on the bottom, that came with my Touch Pro and Mogul.
  10. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Thanks for confirming for the OP :D

Have some rep! ;)
  11. Mamahnita

Mamahnita Well-Known Member

yes you can if there is nothing wrong with the charger. I've been sharing my chargers with my co-worker for two years now and we both have different HTC Phones.:)
  12. agent0014

agent0014 Well-Known Member

the micro, while the same outer physical size, has a much larger plastic piece framing the plug and is rated for something like 3x the amount of insert cycles (the number of times the plug can be inserted and pulled back out) before you start getting warping and bad contacts. Honestly the micro is just a better design than the weak mini which doesn't allow for much material to keep the plug from losing its shape.

I'm citing the wikipedia article on USB as my prime source material for this... I read it several months ago when I was wondering the same thing.