HTC Clock Widget Sun/Moon problem?General

Last Updated:

1. DocTauri

DocTauri Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm on the 2.1 leak, so not sure if it's just this version or if 1.5 does it too, but I noticed the other night that, at 8:15PM it was still showing a sun on the weather/clock widget. Yesterday morning, at 8:15am, it was showing a moon. It's 7:20am right now and displaying the moon.

I'm not sure if it's related to the time change (perhaps they aren't properly adjusting for the sliding dates for daylight savings time).

Anyone else seeing this?

Doc

Advertisement
  2. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Mine still has the moon on it, I think it was always like that. I figured it was becasue I have my weather updating like every three hours, so if it updated at 6am the moon would be correct and it would not show a new weather screen until 9am.

3. LexusBrian400

LexusBrian400 Well-Known Member

Your clock is probably set up to update every 3 hours. If you dont like the lag, Go to Menu > Settings > Accounts & Sync > Weather > Account Settings. Change to 1 hour. Let me know if it clears up your problem.

Edit: While you are in there, hit Sync Now. The sun/moon will instantly update.

4. DocTauri

DocTauri Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ahhh, that 'splains it. Thanks for the help!

5. Chimpie

Chimpie Well-Known Member

I don't have Accounts and Sync in my settings area and I'm facing the same problem on 1.5.

Thoughts?

6. formerflyboy

formerflyboy Member

I noticed this problem just the other day. If you're using the stock weather widget as I am you can tap the widget to bring up the weather program. You can then tap the refresh icon at the lower left to refresh.

I haven't found a way to change the update frequency...:confused:

7. LexusBrian400

LexusBrian400 Well-Known Member

The directions are posted up top. For 2.1

8. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

I had this problem quite often on 1.5. Unfortunately it isn't possible to change the update frequency when running 1.5. It is annoying, but a manual update of the widget will usually correct it though.