• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Customer Service Problems

laughter95

Dec 29, 2009
My phone has dust in it. I want an exchange. I called two days ago to set this up. It's supposed to arrive today. It hasn't arrived yet. I can't find tracking information on it. I call HTC and the rep says that he can't find my information and that a swap request wasn't completed, despite the rep of two days ago taking down my CC info and telling me it was completed. After half an hour on the phone with the guy as he tries to complete the same service request again, he disappears and I can't hear him anymore. So I have to call back, and the next guy has no idea what happened to my service request from two days ago or my previous call. He attempts to complete the request again. Supervisor says that he can't complete the swap request because there's already an existing swap on my account. They have no idea why they can't find my information, but the system shows that I have a swap request already.

I'm informed that a supervisor will be looking at my case, since it's now on "elevated" status. They have no idea what's going on with my case. I need to receive the replacement by Friday as Saturday I will be moving to a new address where it may be more difficult to receive a package.

Awesome :D

After looking at the TMO coverage maps for my area, I ordered an unsubsidized N1 last Wednesday and received it the next day. Free & insane fast shipping and no tax. I used it on wifi all day at work and was very pleased with the phone. Went to TMO and got a no contract SIM card for it.

Got it home and ran into the 3G / EDGE / no signal issue. Grrr.. The Droid right next to it was working perfectly. I was a *bit* too hasty, but I was so incredibly frustrated that I called TMO to cancel the service that night and then called HTC to return the phone.

Everything was going smoothly until I didn't receive the HTC return label via email as promised. I called the next day and talked to another HTC rep and her supervisor. I still haven't received the shipping label via email, but haven't felt like dealing with this for the last couple of days.

I don't think either Google or HTC was prepared to deal with the public directly in this manner.

Upvote 0
All I can say is, welcome to my world. Called multiple times about the fedex label and 5 days later still never received anything. Their system is broken. There is so much more to the story that I am too tired to go into now. I would mail it myself if I were you, with a tracking number, so you know it gets there. I don't think you will ever receive your fedex label.

Upvote 0
All I can say is, welcome to my world. Called multiple times about the fedex label and 5 days later still never received anything. Their system is broken. There is so much more to the story that I am too tired to go into now. I would mail it myself if I were you, with a tracking number, so you know it gets there. I don't think you will ever receive your fedex label.

No way. At least right now I have a perfectly functioning nexus one in my hands. If I shipped it to HTC customer service who would know whn I would actually have a phone again in my hands to use again.

This time I wisened up and asked to speak with the supervisor directly. She told me she would have the problem rectified today and that the phone would be shipped out at the latest on Monday.

This reminds me, I should probably make another thirty minute plus phone call with HTC support to see how they're doing with my phone and the $555 they have on hold for the authorization.

Upvote 0
sorry, my comment was actually directed to androidsoftara, who is just trying to return the phone...yes if i were you laughter96 i would not let it out of your hands

No way. At least right now I have a perfectly functioning nexus one in my hands. If I shipped it to HTC customer service who would know whn I would actually have a phone again in my hands to use again.

This time I wisened up and asked to speak with the supervisor directly. She told me she would have the problem rectified today and that the phone would be shipped out at the latest on Monday.

This reminds me, I should probably make another thirty minute plus phone call with HTC support to see how they're doing with my phone and the $555 they have on hold for the authorization.

Upvote 0
ahh success. finally someone got something done. i guess i should have just barked at a supervisor in the first place as opposed to dealing with the headset monkeys. PROTIP: don't listen to the reps, talk to a supervisor if ur sht isn't getting done.

overnight shipping was chosen, and i will receive my package on monday.

Upvote 0
Perfect. The replacement arrived today, 7 calendar days after my initial request and after many phone calls. The screen has two corners that click much more than my original phone.

And despite what 4-7 people told me (I've lost count at this point), I did not receive a brand-new, full-kit replacement. It's a refurb.

Now I'm on mute hold with HTC while the monkey goes to find a supervisor/manager to rectify this situation.

Fk me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones