HTC Deire Battery life - fixed?

Last Updated:

1. wuciwug

wuciwug New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

When I first got my desire I was very disappointed by the battery life, some days it wouldn't make it through the day even with very light use.

However the Desire was not the problem.

I had an after market charger (I bought a spare for work) which I was using over night which only supplied 4.9v and 600ma. The official charger does 5v and 1000ma, so my problem wasn't the phone but the charger not supplying enough power or enough current.

Check your charger is 5v and 1000ma (or 1amp) as otherwise you'll be suffering because of it.

-----

I now get 3 days use out of it with normal use (few phone calls, bit of e-mail odd game)

Having learnt the hard way and having played with many many apps to try and get a day out of the batt before I found my charger was the problem I have found by far the best method is the power bar widget. No apps do what you need.

I turn off all the mobile/gps location services (one as required) off with the weather, dark background, then when I want wi-fi i hit the button on the screen, turn the screen brightness up when I can't see it and off when I'm indoors. Push e-mail and GRPS data work fine for instant e-mail.
    Even paid applications don't turn wi-fi off as efficiently as my finger

Task kill when something locks up or when I'm trying to get the last drops out, but generally speaking it doesn't help except for crashes / app conflicts.

Advertisement
  2. LECTER

LECTER Well-Known Member

Only been using the charger that came with the device so...

The charge holds depending on how you use the phone and reception. ;)

3. ItsMikeE

ItsMikeE Member

I can see that this would affect how long it takes to charge, but not why it should affect how full it gets.
    Can someone explain to me?
    What about USB trickle charging? Is that a no-no?

4. sclaus_2010

sclaus_2010 New Member

5. sookster54

sookster54 Well-Known Member

I use my Blackberry charger (700mAh) at times, it isn't a problem. I even charge via my USB hub which is ~500mAh.

6. wuciwug

wuciwug New Member This Topic's Starter

The ma is the current, low ma will just mean slower charging.

The volts are the important bit, usb is 5v so fine