• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help htc desire 510 is working slow

Hi, there are a few trouble shooting steps I wonder if you have tried. First is a simple reboot. If the problem persists after reboot the next place I would go is the internal memory being full. Have you filled your internal memory and need to move some things to the SD card? I apologize if you have already tried these things, but you gotta start somewhere right?

Upvote 0
Have you deleted anything or disabled any applications in your app settings? Because there's a small amount of internal memory , if you go in and disable or force stop a critical application it can cause other applications to not work properly and crash as you have stated... Like the poster above me said do a quick reboot and if that doesn't work Google a couple more trouble shooting options but if push comes to shove either download a antivirus app and run it... Clear your cache and if nothing else do a rest or a hard reset but mind you it will erase everything back to factory settings;)

Upvote 0
Have you deleted anything or disabled any applications in your app settings? Because there's a small amount of internal memory , if you go in and disable or force stop a critical application it can cause other applications to not work properly and crash as you have stated... Like the poster above me said do a quick reboot and if that doesn't work Google a couple more trouble shooting options but if push comes to shove either download a antivirus app and run it... Clear your cache and if nothing else do a rest or a hard reset but mind you it will erase everything back to factory settings;)
Settings » Storage » Internal Memory » Make more space on your device. Find all the big files on your internal memory, then select the option to move the files to your SD Card.

Upvote 0
Settings » Storage » Internal Memory » Make more space on your device. Find all the big files on your internal memory, then select the option to move the files to your SD Card.

There are of course certain aps that must be in internal storage to work correctly. Most of them will say so in the play store. The only thing I can think of off the top of me head is swiftkey (maybe all keyboards) and most battery widgets, but I know there are others.

Upvote 0
There are of course certain aps that must be in internal storage to work correctly. Most of them will say so in the play store. The only thing I can think of off the top of me head is swiftkey (maybe all keyboards) and most battery widgets, but I know there are others.
I mean, if you're a root user, you could use Link2SD to move it to the external memory, but Link2SD has always been weird for me because I switch SD cards like I switch clothes.

Upvote 0
I mean, if you're a root user, you could use Link2SD to move it to the external memory, but Link2SD has always been weird for me because I switch SD cards like I switch clothes.

There are certain apps and widgets (SwiftKey is one) that MUST be on the internal storage to function properly. It seems to be apps and widgets that are tied to monitoring and input/output because they need the faster access to the cpu provided by being in the internal storage. Other stuff like browsers and games don't seem to be bothered. I'm not at all sure I'm right about any of that except that some apps won't work except in internal storage :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones