• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Desire 610 Bootloop (Unrooted)

KaapstadMK

Aug 9, 2016
For the last ~36 hrs, my phone has been in permanent bootloop. It will boot up to the homescreen, stay for ~ 30sec and then reboot, continuing until the battery runs out. I've taken out the battery and SIM. It still loops w/o the SIM. I have tried messing with the HBOOT screen, but I am unable to effect a Factory Reset, Recovery, or Clear Storage. All three take me to the red triangle and exclamation mark screen and do not affect the bootloop - all my data is still present at each loop.

I've tried running the appropriate RUU, but every time I ran it, it was unable to connect with the phone, even though it was plugged into the computer. Also, if it helps, my phone is unable to read my SD card, so any solution using that won't be of much use.

Here is my HBOOT screen:

*** LOCKED ***
ZARA_CL PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.22.0000
RADIO-1.14.50.0516
OpenDSP-v18.2.0268.0925
OS-2.15.625.15
eMMC-boot 1024MB
Aug 31 2015,15:46:45.0

HBOOT

<VOL UP> to previous item
<VOL DOWN> to next item
<POWER> to select item

FASTBOOT
RECOVERY
FACTORY RESET
SLEAR STORAGE
SIMLOCK
CHECK SMARTSD
IMAGE CRC
SHOW BARCODE

Reactions: Himel Khan
For the last ~36 hrs, my phone has been in permanent bootloop. It will boot up to the homescreen, stay for ~ 30sec and then reboot, continuing until the battery runs out. I've taken out the battery and SIM. It still loops w/o the SIM. I have tried messing with the HBOOT screen, but I am unable to effect a Factory Reset, Recovery, or Clear Storage. All three take me to the red triangle and exclamation mark screen and do not affect the bootloop - all my data is still present at each loop.

I've tried running the appropriate RUU, but every time I ran it, it was unable to connect with the phone, even though it was plugged into the computer. Also, if it helps, my phone is unable to read my SD card, so any solution using that won't be of much use.

Here is my HBOOT screen:

*** LOCKED ***
ZARA_CL PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.22.0000
RADIO-1.14.50.0516
OpenDSP-v18.2.0268.0925
OS-2.15.625.15
eMMC-boot 1024MB
Aug 31 2015,15:46:45.0

HBOOT

<VOL UP> to previous item
<VOL DOWN> to next item
<POWER> to select item

FASTBOOT
RECOVERY
FACTORY RESET
SLEAR STORAGE
SIMLOCK
CHECK SMARTSD
IMAGE CRC
SHOW BARCODE

Hello,
I would boot the phone in Bootloader mode. After that I'll connect it to the pc and try to wipe/install recovery from there even though it does not allow me to actually boot it in Fastboot. This can happen with CMD and when you have the proper drivers installed such as ADB and phone drivers. Let us know how it goes!

Best Regards

Upvote 0
Before you try this procedure you must Unlock your Bootloader in order for this guide to work. Okay, here is what you need to do:
1. Let’s start by downloading TWRP for your device. You can find a list of devices that are currently supported by following the link. - https://twrp.me/Devices/
2. Download, install and read before usage - https://developer.android.com/studio/index.html
3. If you find step 2 difficult or not conveniet, use this - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=48915118#post48915118
4. After you have completed the steps above do the following:
4.1 Open the folder where your TWRP Recovery.img file is saved.
4.2 Then open a CMD window inside that folder. To do that, Shift + Right click on any empty white space inside the folder and then select "Open command window here".
4.3 Connect your Android device to the PC. Type the following into the command window to boot your device into bootloader/fastboot mode: adb reboot bootloader - keep in mind that you are able to be only in bootloader so first make sure the phone is in bootloader mode and then follow next steps starting with number 4.4!
4.4 Once your device boots into bootloader mode, type this into the command line -
fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.8.x.x-xxx.img - Here modify twrp.img with the name of your TWRP recovery .img file.
4.5 Once TWRP is successfully flashed on your device, type this final command to reboot your device - fastboot reboot

Let me know how it goes!

Upvote 0
So, 3 problems:

1) I am unable to turn on USB debugging on my phone. I tried following the directions, but I have no "About phone" and "Build number" menu selections (add to that, I have a limited amount of time in which to do so)

2 & 3) when typing the commands, I get these responses:
'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

'fastboot' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I have tried these commands while the phone was connected and off as well as while the phone was connected and on the HBOOT screen

Upvote 0
How about when your phone is in HBOOT screen, go to Fastboot and click once there? If the phone is in HBOOT, connected to PC and after you go on Fastboot and click once, you should automatically here a sound from the pc like you put a usb in it and the pc will install drivers and you will have acces to the commands.
The other thing, Bootloader has to be Unlocked. Yours is Locked. Do you know how to Unlock it?

Upvote 0
Yeah, that didn't work either. The only time something shows up on my computer is when the phone turns on - the comp reads it like a portable USB device.
Discovered how to activate developer's options, but my phone is apparently so screwed up it won't reveal the dev's menu under settings to allow me to enable USB debugging. (and I have to re-enable developer's options each time it reboots)

Upvote 0
Yeah, that didn't work either. The only time something shows up on my computer is when the phone turns on - the comp reads it like a portable USB device.
Discovered how to activate developer's options, but my phone is apparently so screwed up it won't reveal the dev's menu under settings to allow me to enable USB debugging. (and I have to re-enable developer's options each time it reboots)

Alright. Before we continue, are you able to turn the phone on, meaning, boot in android?
You said you were able to put USB debugging.

Try this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/desire-610/general/info-htcdev-unlock-root-t2844323

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones