• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC desire 626s menu button doesn't function correctly?

MyUsernameRox

Android Enthusiast
Jan 5, 2012
San Luis Obispo, CA
When I long press the menu button (on this phone, it's the "recent apps" button), nothing happens except the recent apps being displayed. On every other phone I've ever owned, long pressing this button would pull up settings and other features on various browsers and apps. Not so here, I can no longer access settings on Dolphin browser and other things.

Does anyone know if this is intentional, or perhaps an issue with my phone?

Yes it's 5.1 but I'm not seeing any of the dots you mentioned.
Well, I don't use dolphin, but with chrome the dots are in the address bar on the right side.

Edit: so I was looking around and it appears that every app I have on my Moto G running CM12.1 (Android 5.1.1) has the three dots in the upper right.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What happens when you dont long press the button? That should bring up the menu. Long press for Recent Apps is pretty standard.
Since he's using Lollipop, there really isn't a menu button any more. What used to be the menu is now just a recents button. The menu is the three dots that most of the apps seem to have (and some apps seem to have a swipe from the left to get a settings menu similar to swiping from the left to get the Google Now if you use the Google launcher).

Reactions: MyUsernameRox
Upvote 0
On my 2 phones with lollipop, the settings button (furthest left of the bottom 3) still functions as the menu button. I know Samsung was quick to change that button to Recent Apps with the Lollipop update but from what I have seen, when the Note 3 was upgraded to LP, it kept the menu button functionality. The majority of their other phones did not. Odd for me but I know it would take all of half a day to get used to it if I lose that functionality in the future.

Reactions: alfick3
Upvote 0
On my 2 phones with lollipop, the settings button (furthest left of the bottom 3) still functions as the menu button. I know Samsung was quick to change that button to Recent Apps with the Lollipop update but from what I have seen, when the Note 3 was upgraded to LP, it kept the menu button functionality. The majority of their other phones did not. Odd for me but I know it would take all of half a day to get used to it if I lose that functionality in the future.
Ah. My Moto G is similar to stock Android, so from left to right it goes: back, home (press and hold gives Google search) and then recent apps (with nothing happening if you press and hold).

Reactions: confed
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones